Page 1 of 1
I love when my dog.........................................
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:20 am
by Dutchringgirl
I love when Thalie just follows me around, she is like my shadow. I walk, she walks, I stop, she stops, always at my side.
I love when Sadie lets out these HUGE groans when I scratch her ears.
Next....................
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:31 am
by karenz
I love when Xander jumps on the bed at 7 am on Sunday when I'm trying to sleep in and gives me violent kisses and shoves his head in my armpit.
But I can't get mad, he is sooo sweet.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 am
by Raven
Dutchringgirl wrote:I love when Thalie just follows me around, she is like my shadow. I walk, she walks, I stop, she stops, always at my side.
Ditto with Thor, my third leg, always.
I love it when he gives me that wide-eyed, child-like look that says, "Now what?"
And I LOVE how he waits until the husband and I settle into bed, and when he's invited up, he lumbers over to give his Dad butterfly kisses goodnight and then goes to curl up at the end of the bed. (This is strictly their bedtime ritual. Mothers are not included.)
I reeeeeeaaaallly LOVE when he's at my side and throws his head against my leg, looking up at me. The look and the feeling is pure love.
Next...............
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:10 pm
by Owned-By-Hendrix
I love it when my guy gives a growly woof as he watches the retreating back of some threat. Usually happens minutes after the threat is long gone and a distant spec in the horizon. Like a "I'm still watching you buddy so don't you think about coming back here." Paper bags better stay away!
Next….
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 am
by karenz
I'm going again. I love how Xander has to "kill" his treats before he eats them. I never get tired of it. I can't help but laugh. It is sooooooo funny.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 pm
by HeatherH
I love it when my dog howls and wales whenever he hears an ambulance siren. Also the fact that he can never just lie down no it's a head neck first twist the back end and wind down.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm
by karenz
HeatherH wrote:Also the fact that he can never just lie down no it's a head neck first twist the back end and wind down.
Xander does this as well or he does this loud dramatic plop that you can hear from the other end of the house. Like he throws himself onto the floor.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:49 pm
by Mobil
karenz wrote:
Xander does this as well or he does this loud dramatic plop that you can hear from the other end of the house. Like he throws himself onto the floor.
HAHA! Mobil does that, too! BLAM! Every time.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:35 pm
by HeatherH
It answers the question where is he and what is he doing "bham plop" oh in the living room on his bed (not the floor different sound) lying down, good successful run he's tired.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 pm
by Groc352
love it when our new dog Molly gives a satisfying burp with a toy in her mouth after finishing her dinner then just looks at me like, what?

Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:54 pm
by Mobil
We have a squishy chew toy bone filled with little honeycomb openings in which to put treats. I gave it to Mobil and he dropped it on the floor and saw a few treats fall out, so now when there are treats in it, he just picks it up and drops it a thousand times to get the treats out.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 pm
by Raven
Mobil wrote:so now when there are treats in it, he just picks it up and drops it a thousand times to get the treats out.
A long time ago as I was walking along, and accidentally kicked one of Thor's Kongs (or he purposely put in the way of my feet) and a carrot or something flew out...so...ever since, he drops or tosses his treat dispensers on or at my feet, especially if I've made a treat super-tough to get out. He's like a crow who puts a nut under the wheel of a car waiting at a red light, except with the Kongs, I usually trip over them or nothing happens. It was just that one stinkin' time that something came flying out.
He. Won't. Ever. Forget. That.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:56 pm
by karenz
Xander slings his kong all over the place. He will bounce it off the floor and walls trying to get his hotdog chunks out. If he gets tired of trying he comes and puts it in my lap, sits down, and gives me this pathetic look saying momma help me I can't get it out. I always help him get one piece out because he looks so pathetic.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 pm
by Tina
I love it when Epona yawns and makes noises like a cat... her yawn sounds really like a "meow"!

Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 pm
by centrop67
Tina wrote:I love it when Epona yawns and makes noises like a cat... her yawn sounds really like a "meow"!

Yes, the beginning of the Chewbacca sounds (and unfortunately, crazy hour). I thought it was cute at first as well.
I love it when Radar does anything gentle, like slowly climbing up in my lap to lick my face. This always happens when he wants/needs something, and I guess it's his way of working on my mental stimulation to figure it out.
I also love the way Radar smells. It's only a hint of dog scent with something else that just feels wonderful. Does anyone else take notice of their DS's smell?
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 am
by johninny
i was just thinking about the topic of scent the other night. i have not noticed a specific scent to any of my current or recent dogs, just normal ''sweaty'' smells when they have exercised and gotten overheated.
on the other hand, TraceDog had his own unique scent which manifested itself when he slept and would stay with him for a while afterwards. talking deep sleep here, not eyes-closed rest; and he would start emitting this scent very strongly the moment he went into REM mode. i could gauge his sleep stages and the quality of his sleep/rest by this. the more deep sleep, the greater depth and length of the aroma, and the happier he would be. such a direct correlation to his physical and mental well-being!
it was a very attractive, musky smell that everyone who had the privilege of contact loved. so if he wandered into a room bringing with him his special perfume, you could tell that he had emerged from a good REM sleep and was now ready to rumble.
to my current dogs' puzzlement, each of them has occasionally awoken to me sniffing them for a similarly special sleep scent, at which point they give this look like,''what the hell are you doing, you weirdo?''
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:53 am
by centrop67
johninny wrote:at which point they give this look like,''what the hell are you doing, you weirdo?''
Turn-around is fair play, right?
I wish I knew how to describe Radar's scent. Leela smells like a dog (period), even after a bath. Radar seems to have his own cologne going on, even when it's been a while between baths.
I also love it when Radar and Leela are playing rough, and I bark out "kisses only." At which point, they rub noses a little and Leela will give Radar a quick lick. Of course, they usually go right back to playing rough, but for a moment it's really cute.

Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:55 pm
by Raven
centrop67 wrote:I also love it when Radar and Leela are playing rough, and I bark out "kisses only." At which point, they rub noses a little and Leela will give Radar a quick lick.
How adorable is that? We need a video.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:47 am
by karenz
I don't know how I missed this one... but... I love when I go to one end of the house and of course Xander follows me. If I take to long he lays down in the hall so I can't sneak past him. As I approach he immediately rolls onto his back for a belly rub. Like the secret password is rub my BELLY.
Re: I love when my dog......................................
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:19 pm
by KellaA+dog6
After reading the "scent posts", - I love Kella's natural smell of part dog, part sawdust/fresh cut wood. I had never had a dog with other than just dog smell before. I also love when she puts her paws on the deck rail next to me, leans against me and looks up at me with soft eyes. Sweet.