Looking for a Dutch shepherd

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
lisadeleu
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Looking for a dutch shepherd in orlando florida that is under $1,000

Looking for a Dutch shepherd

Post by lisadeleu »

I am located in Orlando Florida and I am looking for a Dutch shepherd under $1,000, preferably $800, I would also like it to be younger, but anything is fine. I am willing to go 200 miles to pick up the dog. Thanks! :D
MaliNut
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Well...it's a transition really. Had my final GSD from 1996 to 2009-she's over the Rainbow Bridge now); then moved over to Belgian Mals. Now I've DS fever looking to get SH silver brindle sib(in my dreams) for my 5 yo Male Mal Razor!

Thanks for having me onboard-I am here to learn all I can about Dutch SHepherds...although after 3.5 yrs of Mals I still wonder if I am really ever going to figure it out!

Someone help lisa out. Back Yard Breeder alert!

Post by MaliNut »

Err..that budget takes you into the nebulous Backyard Breeder Realm.

It is going to be 1500 to 2K for a reputable breeder(Vrijheid, Land Of Oz) etc.

I am partial to Asheley at Vrijheid as she lives the life and is a vet. She breeds for temperament and health not size and aggression. Cher Car in MI puts out great dogs too...

And I have one of her dogs.

Someone please help lisa out as a one day mistake will last a lifetime.

Cheers...Greg and Taki :DSorange: :DSangel: :DSlove:

PS...Lisa take your time and the boards advice. I feel your zeal but that is dangerous as it causes impulse buys of poor genetics. Your dog should have a 3 to 4 generation pedigree so you can see if there was too much Inbreeding. Judith is the master of all genetics and I owe my current happiness. She tells it like it is so if you find a dog....Bounce it of Judith or Stacy or a several other super knowledgable people here.
Vrijheid's "Our Ninja TAKI"- Dutch Shepherd born 5/15/13-1 Yr old!!!
Razor"...5 yr old Belgian Malinois -RIP my son; 12/13/13
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Looking for a Dutch shepherd

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oooooooooh I cannot second Gregs advice enough !!!!!!!! although you didnt say why you want a DS? what will you be doing with the dog?

If money is a problem and you need to stay in a certain amount, try NADSR, they have some wonderful dogs. but if you gotta have a ds and you can only spend a certain amount, you will be stepping into very dangerous territory and the outcome wont be good and the dog will be the one to suffer.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

Have you contacted North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue? One of our forum members is actually fostering a dog for them.
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

I think there are quite a few down in the $1200 range as well, but the others are right, most under $1000 are going to be from crappy breeders and I hate to say it, but Florida is one of the areas that's full of awful DS breeders. You'll probably have to travel to find a good one. Considering this is a 14 year investment, I wouldn't let a few hundred dollars or extra miles keep you from getting a solid, good quality dog.

Christie Meyer does have an older dog or two that didn't quite fit into her narcotics program, she's letting them go for $500 to an active home. She also will probably have a NADSR foster sometime soon. She's in Tennessee and well worth the drive.

I have a NADSR foster as well, but he's got 2 potential adopters lined up and he'll be moving on to his forever home in the next week or two (fingers crossed). I was trying to keep him local.

I know of at least 3-4 more NADSR dogs in foster right now that are not listed on the website. Get your app in and be put on their waiting list. There are a lot of DS coming out of the Miami-Dade shelter and there aren't enough people looking for one down there for NADSR to pull and house, so if you're interested in a dog, being on the list and approved will make more appear that couldn't otherwise be helped.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

NADRSR just posted a courtesy listing for a Florida DS. It's not one of their dogs. https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29906946/
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Carolinagirl
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just got a rough coated Dutch shepherd pup a few days ago and am looking forward to learning more about this great breed! I also have sheep,dexter cattle,two Anatolian shepherd livestock guardian dogs, an Amstaff (who is thrilled to finally have a friend to play with) and two elderly long coated chihuahuas.

Post by Carolinagirl »

If you are interested in a Rough Haired one, I am going to The Netherlands in February to pick up my puppy. A second one could travel in the same crate. total cost might be a bit more than your budget including transport costs, but it's something to consider.
Cindy from south Carolina
owner of a male Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd, Cooper
Skidgee
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I have adopted two beautiful DS and we are hoping to train them in agility but most importantly for search and rescue. I have registered on this site to learn more about this fabulous breed of dog.

Post by Skidgee »

HI, I'm in the Houston, Texas area and have 2 DS puppies 9 weeks old, healthy and up to date on shots and preregistered with the Continental Kennel Club. The puppies parents are here with us and loving family companions. They are of Belgium and Czech decent and this is our last and only litter. If you are interested please email me for price and pictures.

I want them in a warm, loving and active home!

Thanks, Marie

PS: As for the other comments regarding price if you they are inexpensive there is no guarantee they are pure breed Dutchies.
harrison
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just moved to a house on a cove in Maine. I want a KNPV working line longhaired DS as a pet.

Post by harrison »

Carolinagirl wrote:If you are interested in a Rough Haired one, I am going to The Netherlands in February to pick up my puppy. A second one could travel in the same crate. total cost might be a bit more than your budget including transport costs, but it's something to consider.
Interesting. Please say a little bit about the process -- how you found the breeder and such. I am afraid I might have to look in Europe for a working line longhaired DS pup.