Page 1 of 1

omg... two days make a difference

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:29 am
by karenz
So I have been in court yesterday and today. I get up in the morning and take Xander out to do his business and play ball for about 45 minutes. That way he can cool off and rest to get his breakfast before I leave.

Normally my mom is here to play ball with him during the day and work on basic stuff like sit stay etc. But I had to get a temp here since mom was gone.

The temp did the bear minimum of course. Both days when I got home I had demon dog. The worse was tonight. Xander has not been this out of control in many months. But one time of lacking structure has caused disaster.

He picked up his 3 foot by 4 foot dog bed and drug it through the house, shaking it as if to kill it. I asked him for it which he gave and as I carried it back to its place he grabbed his sisters bed and did the same. I took it away.

Then he took off through the house like a mad man. He knocked all the chimes off the clock in the hall, crashed into the bathtub, went back to the dog bed, drug it over the water bowl, dumped all the water, wallered in the wet carpet, then on the couch, then did zoomies for about 5 minutes.

I finally tried to lock him in my room which resulted in bed floor bed floor bed floor bed floor. This went on for at least 5 minutes.

But I think he has crashed... finally. So for anyone who Is unfamiliar, one day of nothing causes a great relapse. I'm so glad mom will be home tomorrow. :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

Re: omg... two days make a difference

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:40 am
by Owned-By-Hendrix
Lol omg I have the same thing happen when I leave for a day or two. I call it Damage Control; stock up on alcohol and double all exercise and really demand good OB for a few days. Once structure is restored and kept for a day or two they settle back down.

And I once tried to see what would happen if H didn't get a morning walk... Boy don't try to get outta my guy's twice a day walk.... It's like a Xander tornado!

Re: omg... two days make a difference

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm
by Dutchringgirl
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he and Sadie had a talk, Sadie does the same thing!!! Has the weather cooled off a bit? Our days are getting a bit cooler and Sadie is Ballistic again, tearing through the house, running into everything, non stop crazy.

Re: omg... two days make a difference

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:52 pm
by karenz
It hasn't gotten cold here. I wish it would. It's been in the 90s all week. Xander was just crazy because the temp baby sitter doesn't give him the exercise and mental stimulation that me and my mom do. He had way to much energy stored up.

Re: omg... two days make a difference

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:50 am
by shana
Haha i just went through the same thing had a long week and decided to sleep in bad move Khaos NEEDS his early morning walk footstep track and ball session. I was woken up to 44 lbs of five month old puppy body slamming me to get up then barking at me the whole time I was getting dressed. He tried to steal socks out of the laundry then when put in his ex-pen crate area he proceeded to take his bed out of his crate roll around in it and then went back to barking at me lol sheesh I'll never sleep in again what's even funnier is he usually just watches me quietly from the bed while I get ready in the morning lol somebody doesn't like a change in schedule lol :eek: :yernuts: :pint: