Page 1 of 1

NADSR!

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:44 pm
by Owly
I've officially put myself on the list as of a few days ago. I decided that adopting a dog would probably be the better option for me as opposed to buying a puppy. While I'll still keep my eye out for any puppies, I think I'll focus on a rescue dog. I'm rather nervous about it because I've never officially adopted a dog from a rescue before, but I think this'll be a good thing. ^___^

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:12 pm
by johninny
herro.

good move.

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:13 pm
by centrop67
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:54 pm
by LyonsFamily
Nice decision. A word of advice, answer your emails promptly if Trudy has a possible match for you, like within the same day. There were a few people with my last foster that we'd email about a possible match and they wouldn't answer back or they would take a few days or a week to do it and we already had a few more contact us and ask to set up meet and greets in that time. It looks like you're in Ohio which is a good thing. You're only a short drive from Chicago and they always find plenty of rescue DS coming out of Chicago that could make the transport.

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:45 pm
by Owly
I have to check my e-mail religiously, so I'm always on top of that! But thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to keep in mind that I need to reply asap :) I've thought about offering myself up as a possible foster parent, but I don't know what exactly is involved in fostering besides the basic care. That and I don't have other dogs. It seems like fosters tend to have a pack of their own to help with socialization.

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:22 am
by cake73
Adopting a DS through NADSR will be a very good thing!
*fingers & paws crossed* that a match heads your way soon!

(not that I want more DS to be in need of rescue, but it's so good to know that there are folks out there who want 'em!)
:dssmile:

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:32 am
by karenz
I am so excited for you. I had filled out an application when I started looking for another ds. I found Xander and got him. I wanted a puppy. About 2 weeks or so after getting Xander I got an email from them. They had 2 or 3 puppies that they were trying to find homes for. I wouldn't trade Xander for anything but I always wondered what happened with the pups. I was so tempted to take one anyway but 1 was more than a handful. If I ever go for number two I would definitely take a rescue. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Re: NADSR!

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm
by Dutchringgirl
:wtg: :wtg:

I adopted Sadie as a puppy from NADSR !