North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue in DIRE need

cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue in DIRE need

Post by cake73 »

Dear Friends & Dutch Shepherd Enthusiasts,

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue is really in dire need of assistance.

NADSR needs money. I am not going to sugar coat it: NADSR can afford to take in, maybe, one more dog. Please, consider making a donation.

If you cannot donate money, please consider donating your time as a member of the NADSR Board of Directors.
The BOD is seriously understaffed...there are two of us, really only one person and a support person.
Off hand, it would be nice to have the following: treasurer/bookkeeper, fundraising coordinator, volunteer coordinator, transport coordinator, regional coordinators...
Perhaps you see an area of need within NADSR, or simply think that you would like to be more active with the rescue organization, please let us how you would like to help.

Thank you for your support of North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue!

Trudy Donais trudy@dutchshepherdrescue.org
Cheryl Kreinbring cheryl@dutchshepherdrescue.org

message via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue in DIRE need

Post by Raven »

I know the fundraiser is coming up (or is going on), but I'm not seeing that, and/or an emergency plea for funds, on the FB page. Am I missing it? (Haven't checked NADSR website yet.)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

I wish I could give more, but I just lost my job last month and until I can find a new one I don't have much room :(

that being said, I would love to help out more...I rescued my own girl off the street and am currently on the lookout for a new baby to keep her company (I'm on your waiting list :) )

but I can't say I'm qualified or would even know where to start to be a coordinator of anything...but if there's any way I can give time/effort in other ways, I'm all ears :)
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Here's a link to the NADSR FundRazr

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/6tYK5?ps ... are__5OW9e

Not sure why you're not seeing it on Facebook, we have it "pinned" to the top of our page.

This link might take you to the photo album with the background story on our FundRazr "Poster DS"
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 336&type=1

cake73

Post by cake73 »

montecarlogirl87 wrote:I wish I could give more, but I just lost my job last month and until I can find a new one I don't have much room :(

that being said, I would love to help out more...I rescued my own girl off the street and am currently on the lookout for a new baby to keep her company (I'm on your waiting list :) )

but I can't say I'm qualified or would even know where to start to be a coordinator of anything...but if there's any way I can give time/effort in other ways, I'm all ears :)
Thank you, Tareena, for rescuing a DS and for your offer of assistance!
We'll keep in touch. :)

Joanna
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Obedience trainer says the local dog catcher misidentified "GSD mix." Seems in September 2011 I rescued a Dutch Shepherd . . . before I knew there was such a thing. I was attracted first by her EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT expression and then by her cheerful enthusiasm for life despite dire circumstances. I'm enthused for architecture, historic preservation/EPA-certified Renovator, art history, gardening, strategy video gaming, guns, fast cars, and my new dog.

Post by Joanna »

I can foster a dog.
I would like to be on your waiting list for adoption.
Joey was my 13 month old female DS rescued from (and named by) City Of Jax Animal Control in September 2011. We did obedience classes, dog park swimmin' holes, nature hikes, and generally had a grand time until she got sick in April 2013. Her fourth veterinarian in December 2013 diagnosed "diffuse megaesophagus." It seemed Joey was the only DS in the world with ME diagnosis -- usually ascribed to genetics -- so I had some doubts, but naturally I did everything the doctors recommended. Joey died in May 2014. Would you like to have (copies and copyrights to use) her "DS rescue dog" photograph, taken at a tall orange life guard's chair on Neptune Beach, FL in 2012? Photo file is too large to upload here, but I'm amenable to any suggestions if you can use the pix.
Joanna In Jacksonville, FL
cake73

Post by cake73 »

Hi, Joanna.

So sorry to hear that Joey crossed The Rainbow Bridge earlier this year.
Trudy did forward to me your photo of Joey on the beach by the lifeguard chair. Your written permission to use it is all that we need. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you, also, for your interest in fostering and adopting a NADSR dog!
There are online applications for each. Florida has been a hot spot for DS and DSx and currently, I believe, we have no volunteers in that state.

fostering
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/onlinefosterapp.html

adoption
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/adoption.html

montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

cake73 wrote:Thank you, also, for your interest in fostering and adopting a NADSR dog!
There are online applications for each. Florida has been a hot spot for DS and DSx and currently, I believe, we have no volunteers in that state.
I'm in the Orlando area, and got my adoption approval last Dec...unfortunately my girl has shown some fear around dogs her size and larger (given the area of town I found her in, I wouldn't be surprised if she had been used as a bait dog), so I've had my eye out for a puppy, since she's been around and done fine with smaller dogs, I think they wouldn't intimidate her and she'd be used to it by the time it grew...

that being said I can't volunteer myself for fostering, but if there's ever anything else I can help with in the central FL area, I'd certainly try
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
cake73

Post by cake73 »

montecarlogirl87 wrote:that being said I can't volunteer myself for fostering, but if there's ever anything else I can help with in the central FL area, I'd certainly try
Thank you!!!