Dutch Shepherd Height/Growth

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Dutch3227
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello. I am a 22 year old American who has a four month old Dutch shepherd. Previously grew up with a reduced Malinois and GSD. But this is my first dog of my own. Just here for the community and great advice people have to give

Dutch Shepherd Height/Growth

Post by Dutch3227 »

Hello all just joined to forum. I have an amazing 5 and a half month old Dutch Shepherd. It’s my first Dutchie but have owned GSD and Fostered two Malinois. My boy is growing at an alarming rate. As stated he is 5 and half months and about 24 inches at the withers. I can’t believe how big he is. My questions is as what age do they stop growing in height? At this rate he seems to be on his way to becoming a large Male for the breed. Thanks.
D0B57A1C-2D76-463E-9DA5-5EF6784D9B2A.jpeg
D0B57A1C-2D76-463E-9DA5-5EF6784D9B2A.jpeg (117.42 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Dutch Shepherd Height/Growth

Post by Tim91118 »

We will have to assume you have measured him correctly. They will continue to grow in height until they are roughly 9 months old, but will slow down when they reach about 6 months. Based on all of this, it is possible he may reach 27 inches, with the range for males being 24 to 26 inches. I have a female that is also an inch taller than the standard.... I also have another female an inch below the standard. That’s ok as long as the dog is balanced and can move with agility.
Tim
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Re: Dutch Shepherd Height/Growth

Post by Mark77 »

My male Dutchie is around 95 pounds at age 9 so they can get big. He hovered around 75 pounds at age two then just started bulking up by the time he was three.