Logan Haus Kennels for SAR

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
-MJ-
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Current owner of a Mal mix, hoping to get a SAR puppy in the near future.

Logan Haus Kennels for SAR

Post by -MJ- »

Has anyone had experience using a Logan Haus dog for SAR? I’ve talked to the kennel and they gave me a pretty good pitch about their dogs and early development program for puppies. I’ve also heard that their dogs tend to be a little more social than average (which would be a plus).

This would be my first working dog—I’d call myself an ‘intermediate’ handler—I’ve proofed my current dog on basic and some advanced obedience, and I’m working on building her ball drive so we can do some agility trials. I’ve also done some shed hunting with her, but we’re still refining a reliable alert in the field.

I’ll have the support of the SAR team, and I’m completely willing to get additional training assistance if needed.

I’d love to hear any opinions, or any other breeder options in the US!
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Logan Haus Kennels for SAR

Post by TimL_168 »

I know that I've heard the name a lot and I've listened to some podcasts with folks from the kennel but it's been years and I can't remember the topics of conversation. I do remember them talking about early development. Based on that alone I'd be pretty confident. Don't forget to really look at the stats on washout though. If your goal is working SAR or detection, then you might be better with a (more expensive) green dog. If your goal is getting a well bed dog and doing the best the two of you can, then jump on in!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor