Question about age..

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Ecclissi
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: So, we inherited a very young Dutch Shepard (possibly a mix) rather unexpectedly. He is probably not even a year old yet. Our Boston is 13 and thinks his klutzy self will bowl her right over. She has some eyesight problems and gets scared when he suddenly runs right up wanting to sniff and play like he had with a play mate who was both younger and bigger.
He is clearly a real sweetheart, but the introduction between them is definitely challenging..
We intend to get him into puppy classes ASAP, but meanwhile we are working on potty training and walking on a leash.
That said, the walk with both dogs this afternoon went pretty well once we could get them to focus on walking instead of focusing on each other.
I'm putting it in the win column.
Meanwhile, suggestions to hold us over until puppy class would be very welcome...
Thanks!

Question about age..

Post by Ecclissi »

I inherited my Dutchie. He's very young. Definitely under a year. I have been wondering how old he actually is though. I think he just got the last of his permanent teeth in (as in they are through now) and his ears almost stand up all the way but not *quite* (they look like they will perk more strongly later as they have been standing up more and more? (and he lowers them when greeting etc.)
He's all legs and I'm sure he isn't done growing..
Any idea guys?
"Russell! Drop that! Where are your toys?"
(It seems to be my new most commonly used daily phrase lol!)