Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2022)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2022)

Post by centrop67 »

Man's Reunion With His Beloved Dog After Moving to New Zealand Is Touching People's Hearts
Story Link
www.yahoo.com wrote:TikTok user @stone117711 recently shared a video from when he picked up his Dutch Shepherd, Nova, from isolation after she failed one of her medical import tests. The two had been apart for seven and a half weeks after they moved to New Zealand, and were thrilled to be together again!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (October 2022)

Post by centrop67 »

K9 Luna honored in retirement after two years’ hard work with St. Joseph County Police
Story Link
www.953mnc.com wrote:K9 Luna is a Dutch Shepherd, born on May 03, 2018, in Poland.
During her career, Luna assisted with locating suspects and narcotics for County Police Department along with the Mishawaka PD, South Bend PD, State Police, and Pokagon Tribal Police. Luna’s largest drug seizure occurred when she alerted on a vehicle that yielded 1 kilo of methamphetamine. Luna has also assisted in locating several lost children and adults.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Jeannette considers adding 2nd dog to police department
Story Link
news.yahoo.com wrote:An out-of-work police dog might join Jeannette's force, depending on whether city council wants to foot the bill for some costs for the canine and its handler.

Officer Matthew Painter was permitted to keep 5-year-old Dutch shepherd, Kilo, after he left the Uniontown department for Jeannette last year, according to Jeannette police Sgt. James Phillips.

Kilo is certified in narcotics and patrol through 2023, he has "still a lot of work life left in him," Phillips said.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Drug sniffing dog smells something
Story Link

The DS refuses to move until he gets his ball after walking by a marijuana dispensing machine. :lol:
image.png
image.png (186.96 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Viral Video of K9 Dog Receiving His Send-Off Into Retirement Has People All Choked Up
Story Link
pethelpful.com wrote:It makes total sense, then, that @k9_grimm received a retirement send-off fit for any loyal officer. After dedicating about 50 dog years (that's 7 human years) to protecting his community, Grimm the Dutch Shepherd can now enjoy his golden years in peaceful, blissful retirement...with his officer/owner, of course!
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Oolitic Marshals Office Receives New K9 Kadet from Clinton, MO
Story Link
www.wbiw.com wrote:Kadet is replacing Canine Greta Lynn, who passed away earlier this year, and Kadet will be a valuable asset to the Oolitic Marshal’s Office. Kadet is a 4 1/2-year-old Dutch Shepherd from Poland, he was acquired by the Clinton Police Department from the Little Rock K-9 Academy in Little Rock, Arkansas; and he’s trained in narcotics and patrol.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Design Engineering raises funds for gear for Avon Lake K9
Story Link
www.morningjournal.com wrote:The company was able to purchase items such as outdoor kennel, water and food bowls, tactical vest kit, training baton and more, he said.

Lex, a 18-month-old Dutch shepherd, and K9 handler Nick Blankenship have been training together for a couple of months.
Michael