Hello from the Northeastern US.

For our new members to introduce themselves
LEXIs Dad
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm Joe, an Owner/ handler-in-training of a beautiful black brindle female Dutchie. She's almost 2.5 years old as of 01/2024. She was rehomed to me by her previous handler 12/2023. I'm in the USA, currently living in the Northeast part of the country. I'm here to learn and ask questions so I can be the best I can be for her. She came to me with training in about 10 different basic German obedience commands. My goals for her are to reinforce and expand her obedience, for us both to learn how to use her nose for tracking and SAR, and for her to be able to protect our family, which would include aggression/ bitework. As of now we are both fairly green, but she has taken well to me and my wife (moreso to me.) And will follow commands from each of us.

Hello from the Northeastern US.

Post by LEXIs Dad »

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe. My DS's name is Officially "My Lady Lexi," she is currently 2y4m old. I she was rehomed to me 12/2023. She came to me knowing about 10 obedience commands in German. She is a very sweet girl and she is getting along great with my wife and I (she seems to be imprinted on me.)

I have been waiting for the right animal and learning about working dog training for the last few years. I finally found her, the one! Although I have been helping, reading, watching videos, and online courses, I am still way greener than I'd hoped I would be when I finally got a dog. I guess you never really feel prepared in the beginning, much like having a human baby. Luckily Lexi came with a great base of obedience that I have been working and reinforcing, giving us a line of communication and understanding that I haven't had with a human child.

I have several friends that were prior K-9 and MWD handlers, whom still have dogs. I have worked with them over the years, being a helper and a decoy, but have always been told what to do. Now it's time that I take the leash and develop my own, hopefully with the help of my village, which now includes y'all. See y'all in the threads!

*Edited for spelling
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hello from the Northeastern US.

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers