Page 1 of 2
New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:31 am
by mike
Hello All,
I am the proud owner of a Malinois and a German Shepherd, down here in S. Florida.
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Hey Mike, Welcome!
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:15 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group?

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:40 pm
by kchristy
Welcome! We like pictures

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm
by Marjolein
welcome

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:52 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm
by Jan
Welcome.
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome!
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 am
by mike
vneerland wrote:Welcome Mike. Any plans to add a brindle to your private herding group?

I am sorry for the slow response. I am planning on adding a Dutch Shepherd to the family.
When I signed up on the forum(November 2011) my mind was in distress over some very bad news about my German Shepherds(Ozzy) health. He was diagnosed with an untreatable cancer and he died a few weeks ago at the age of 7.
I wasn't sure that I wanted to get another dog until recently. Our Malinois is acting like she got older since Ozzy is gone and she is only 7. He was clearly the instigator of a lot of the fun things that went on in our house and he was a true companion in every sense of the word, for us and our little girl Malinois.

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 am
by Schlussdibusti
Sorry to hear about your loss. Way too early to go.......
This darn cancer, I lost a Lab to bone cancer in June 2010. But he was over 12. I thought, I would loose his lifelong buddy (also Lab about same age) but then I rescued a DS and he perked up quite a bit.
In our case, the 'new addition' was the best theraphy, for both of us.
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:43 pm
by kchristy
Welcome and sorry for your loss

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm
by CaroleBoaz
Sorry to hear about Ozzy. I also lost a dog to cancer at a young age, but it's never easy.

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm
by leih merigian
So very sorry for your loss.
I know the timing of getting a pup after such a loss is a very individual thing, but for me, after the loss of my own GSD, the hole in my heart didn't even begin to heal until I got my DS pup, 18 long months later.
Whatever timing works for you, we'll be here and happy to learn all about the newest member of your family

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm
by felixone123
Sorry to hear about Ozzy. The pic of him is just gorgeous. Hope you heal soon.
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm
by Sugars Mom
Yes, so sorry about your loss. Beautiful dog!
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm
by Jan
Very sad to read this story, it's hard to loose your dog like this. Nice photo from your dog.
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm
by mike
Here our newest member to our family. We rescued him back in June.

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:54 am
by leih merigian
congrats on your new GSD!
So, no DS, eh?

Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:17 pm
by vneerland
LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland.

I doubt Mike is one of them, but this crossed my mind, Leih, when you said "no DS".
Re: New Member to here.
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 am
by leih merigian
vneerland wrote:LOL. All of a sudden thinking about the large number of people (not into dogs) who think a Dutch Shepherd is a GSD that came from Holland.

That though had never occurred to me!