Projects For 2012?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Not making Sadie soup!

Thalie has been enjoying her Therapy visits, so i want to make sure we keep that up. We visit once a week.
I really want to get into Search and Rescue. I just saw an article in my local paper and going to give them a call. I know people say thalie is too old but I still want to try with her, no one believes she is 9. I think it would be good for Sadie too, she needs a new job, she is fired from her old job of doggie bed destroyer.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by kchristy »

lol :lol:
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Lauren »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Not making Sadie soup!
I think it would be good for Sadie too, she needs a new job, she is fired from her old job of doggie bed destroyer.

But she was so good at it!!! :bum:
Lauren from Western NC
User avatar
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.
Location: Andrews Air Force Base, MD

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by ZodiacT »

Later this month we'll be competing for the third leg of Zodiac's Rally Level 2 title, based on how quickly she's learning I believe we will be able to earn her Level 3 title this year and begin working on earning her Championship title. I also want to get her CGC at some point, she is definitely ready but I just haven't gotten around to it yet :roll:
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
Image
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Marjolein »

Lauren wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:Not making Sadie soup!
I think it would be good for Sadie too, she needs a new job, she is fired from her old job of doggie bed destroyer.

But she was so good at it!!! :bum:
yeah, I don't get that either :roll: She did a great job, why fire her?? :yernuts:
Image
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by k9katet »

leih merigian wrote:First, I'm working with my vet to diagnose and resolve an issue Geyser has been having for a long time, exercise intolerance. We've worked thru and eliminated several things, and at this point, it looks like chronic bronchitis as a result of being allergic to something, either environmental, parasitical (is that a word?), or edible. It's too expensive to do all the testing that would nail that down, and since the treatment is the same regardless, we're going to go ahead with the treatment and see what happens. We're going to be using Chinese herbs, and I am hopeful of getting to the other side of this very depressing issue.
Did the Chinese herb treatment work? Did you ever find out what she is allergic to? How did you discover the bronchitis? Were there any other symptoms? Poor girl. I hope she is feeling better now.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Raven »

This is a bump of a thread I started in 2011. A member wanted everyone to make reports throughout the year, but none of did. So...what are your goals/plans/projects you are working on with your DSs for 2014?

Lisa, tell us how you plan to keep Sadie out of the soap pot this year. And no--you can't say drinking copious amounts of alcohol.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Stacy_R »

Let's see, here...
For Tyson: I want to have him evaluated to train in nose-work and personal protection.
For Baby Ruth: She's a pretty good girl and will be 10 this year. I think she gets a break.
For Snickers: Not to be eaten by Tyson...
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I think thalie will stay on her post of trying to figure out Sadie. I would like to do something with Sadie, I ran into some old friends from my old Ring club so maybe we can get something back going. Sadie does have a strong work drive and Id really like to give her a real job, besides ripping up dog beds and chewing on Thalie.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by LyonsFamily »

I've got big plans this year, but we've got a lot of house and training barn construction projects to work on too.

I'd like to fix Odin whether it's through surgery or alternative treatments and therapy and see him completely back to normal. If he's feeling up to it, I'd like to keep trialing in nosework and maybe C-Wags scent detection and get a few titles on him. He also needs a few more legs to finish up his Rally 1 title with UKC.

For Elli, she's working on her AKC BN and CGC titles right now and we're starting herding instincts. I want to start competing in rally in the spring with her. She has a few issues of wanting to wrestle with every dog she sees and we need to tone down on that before she's ready for a trial. I'm also looking for a PSA or SDA club to get her into because I can tell she really misses bitework. She had been doing 2X a week since she was 12 weeks old and now we just do it occasionally in private lessons. My main goal with her is to have her herding and doing personal protection and having a real working job on our small farm at the new house. I'd like to get her BH at the WDSA nationals next year, even though we probably won't be doing IPO.

My other goal, which isn't until 2015, but I'm working on breeder contacts now and have a few leads, is to import a rough coated male DS from working lines. I want one that will herd and maybe get a bitework title if I have time.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Raven »

LyonsFamily wrote:a lot of house and training barn construction projects to work on too.
So this along with the plans you have for your dogs means we'll be contacting you in a padded cell next year. :loco:
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by LyonsFamily »

Raven wrote:
LyonsFamily wrote:a lot of house and training barn construction projects to work on too.
So this along with the plans you have for your dogs means we'll be contacting you in a padded cell next year. :loco:
I should call a contractor to see if he can build a padded cell in the barn. My husband will probably send me out there once I get the 3rd monster. He's never had a puppy before, I can only imagine a DS one. I also need a wine cooler, generator, and internet connection so I can stay on the forums even when the power goes out.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

He has never had a DS puppy??? Oh boy, better build a cell for you AND HIM. Stay connected to us as much as possible so we can be here and support you and bring you wine.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Raven »

I'd give anything for just a training room, and you'll have a barn. Pretty cool. Wanted to make a spare room a training area (especially for soggy-weather months, which everyone seems to have more frequently and/or for longer periods in recent years), but the husband claimed it for a practice room.


Stacy, it tickles me every time I read the name "Baby Ruth."
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by LyonsFamily »

Dutchringgirl wrote:He has never had a DS puppy??? Oh boy, better build a cell for you AND HIM. Stay connected to us as much as possible so we can be here and support you and bring you wine.
He's never had a puppy, period. Odin was his first dog ever, his family never had one growing up. Odin was a little over a year when we got him. I've never had a DS puppy either since Elli was 2 when we got her, but I've dealt with a malinois puppy and many many English Setter puppies.

Here's a picture of the barn, Sharon, it's 30x50 but has 2 floors.
lyons-barn.jpg
lyons-barn.jpg (9.04 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
I absolutely love it, and the old wooden style but it needs a little cosmetic repair to keep the heat/cold out and I want to change around some of the doors and put in thick rubber matting. It already has a cement floor with electricity and plumbing though. Right now, I have the garage converted to a grooming room and a small 20x20 training room that we can still park in, but I can only use for my own dogs, private lessons, and board and trains. There's not much room for agility classes or really any sports. The barn is going to be for the business and will hopefully have an addition with kennels added some time next year.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Raven »

Stephanie, you have the full measure of whatever envy I am capable of having. That barn is awesome. Man, you have so much work ahead of you but it'll be worth every sore joint, blackened thumbnail and cuss word.

Would you mind posting pictures of your garage??? Kind of forward of me to ask, but I'd love to see the set-up.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Stacy_R »

LyonsFamily wrote:
Raven wrote:
LyonsFamily wrote:a lot of house and training barn construction projects to work on too.
So this along with the plans you have for your dogs means we'll be contacting you in a padded cell next year. :loco:
I should call a contractor to see if he can build a padded cell in the barn. My husband will probably send me out there once I get the 3rd monster. He's never had a puppy before, I can only imagine a DS one. I also need a wine cooler, generator, and internet connection so I can stay on the forums even when the power goes out.
I need a drink and a padded cell just reading what all you want to accomplish!!! :pint: :pint:
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by LyonsFamily »

Raven wrote:Stephanie, you have the full measure of whatever envy I am capable of having. That barn is awesome. Man, you have so much work ahead of you but it'll be worth every sore joint, blackened thumbnail and cuss word.

Would you mind posting pictures of your garage??? Kind of forward of me to ask, but I'd love to see the set-up.
Give me about a week or so and I can get a bunch. I'm in the middle of adding a drying counter with stairs in the grooming room to save my back and it's a bit of a mess out there. I'm literally on the forum in between paint coats, I'll start a new thread in photographs as soon as I can. We're still catching up from the power outage and holidays, but January will be a better month.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by Raven »

Of course you'll have plenty of DS photo bombs when you do take the pictures. And so much the better. ;)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
shana
Puppy
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.

Re: Projects For 2012?

Post by shana »

So I'm newish to the forum joined like a month or so ago and this will be my first year posting this but here it goes. For 2014 I'd like to get Bella's confidence built up a bit more and hopefully fingers crossed get her in her first PSA trial. I'd also like to accomplish being able to walk past another dog on leash without it sounding like I have a baby t-Rex attached to me :muffy: I may know she doesn't mean anything, but that doesn't mean other dog owners do lol seen a few flying toy breeds this year as there owners tried to keep them as far away as possible from Bella who was happily making all kinds if noises next to my leg as we walked by. I'm sure we looked like quite a pair me with a purple face of embarrassment and her with her deep throated bellows that mean absolutely nothing lol I'd also like to get started on nose work object retrieval and possibly teach her to pull me on rollerblades(assuming we get the t-Rex phase taken care of) other than that to get out whenever possible hiking playing, having fun and, just growing with each other :D
Post Reply