enjoying spring

Have a photo you want to share?
Post Reply
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

enjoying spring

Post by Marjolein »

Image
The duo exploring the trail :D

Image
Ivil wants to RUN! as much as she can

Image
taking any obstacle on her way, just for the fun of it

Image
you can see spring is in the air, everything is just about to flower/form leafs

And back home:
Image
Ivil is in for a game of frisbee

Image
This always makes me laugh, she just runs with her mouth wide open to catch it :lol:

Image
Nice catch!

Image
Flying Dutch girl :mrgreen:

Image
and got it! (this one is funny.looks like she is standing in the grass but is still flying)
We had a fun day :cool:
Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: enjoying spring

Post by Sugars Mom »

Awesome pics!!

That is hilarious that Ivil runs with her mouth open! Looks like so much fun
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: enjoying spring

Post by felixone123 »

Nice shots of your dogs!! I love those frisbee pics. Looks like they had alot of fun.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
wahinelf
Green Dog
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: enjoying spring

Post by wahinelf »

4th picture down is AMAZING! Such a great shot.

I always get pics of Ellie in the air that look like she's crouching strangely on the ground...so I understand. Haha.
-Aubrey

Image

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: enjoying spring

Post by leih merigian »

Such a beautiful spring day and your lovely shots do a nice job of sharing it with us.

Loved the frizbee shots!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: enjoying spring

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Very beautiful terrain, Ivil and Dingo look so happy!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: enjoying spring

Post by alspyce »

Looks like dogie ballet!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: enjoying spring

Post by Marjolein »

alspyce wrote:Looks like dogie ballet!
whaha, it does doesn't it? :D
Image
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: enjoying spring

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Love it!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Taz
Just Whelped
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm 26 years old, from Fayetteville,NC and just adopted a 5 month DS from NADSR. His name is Taz
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Re: enjoying spring

Post by Taz »

oh how I miss the German Trails and Forests! North Carolina got some nice places too but it's just not the same. :(
Jochen and Taz
User avatar
kchristy
Training Dog
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
Location: McCurtain, Ok

Re: enjoying spring

Post by kchristy »

Love the pictures, I bet you all had a lot of fun in such nice weather :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: enjoying spring

Post by GSDNanny »

Great action shots! The scenery is beautiful, enhanced particularly with the presence of DutchSheps!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Post Reply