First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Schlussdibusti »

It looks like Boyd's Bullriding Glenmore/Andrea Manthey from Germany and Holland Faya v. Le Dobry/Jose Stienstra fom Holland will travel across the big pond for support. :stickman:

Too bad Florida is such a looooong distance away. Anybody from the Pacific NW able to attend and supply us with lots of pics and videos of this historic event?
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Christie M »

Heather is making the journey to watch, so I am sure she will give us the play by play.

I am SO sad that I wasn't able to make it. Its just too close to other committed times to travel. I bet it will be awesome!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Brindle »

Force and I are entered :eek:
Not sure what I was thinking ....... I'm a bundle of nerves just thinking about it.
I fall apart at small trials so a big one is really going to do a number on me.
Maybe a need a pre-trial :pint: prescription ? :lol:

Poor Force so needs a better handler ( any takers ????? ).

At least we can provide some entertainment for the spectators :mrgreen:

Will be AWESOME to meet Heather !!!
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by k9katet »

I'm making the drive from Minnesota. Making a "driving across the country" vacation out of it. I'm really excited to go and watch everyone, see old friends again and meet online friends in person. I am not entered (was hoping to do the BH with Letty but decided it's better to wait and not embarrass the breed) so I can just relax and enjoy the show. So, if anyone needs help with anything feel free to ask!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Go Force & Jenny Team !!!!!

http://www.workingdutchshepherd.org/201 ... cores.html

To the forum admins: Could we set up a webcam live streaming to this site, PLEASE? :music2:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Brindle »

Schlussdibusti wrote:Go Force & Jenny Team !!!!!

http://www.workingdutchshepherd.org/201 ... cores.html

To the forum admins: Could we set up a webcam live streaming to this site, PLEASE? :music2:

OMG !!!
I'm freaked out enough ........ webcam with live video will send me over the edge :eew:

Thanks for the encouragement.
Fingers crossed for Force behaving himself , and me not passing out.
That's our goals for the trial along with passing scores :D
Oh yeah ..... and I keep telling myself that we're going to have fun !!! ( trial nerves go away ! )

I know we won't be any kind of competition for many of those entered, and I'm very OK with that.
Force is only 3yrs old and my first working dog so we've both got a lot of learning and growing to do as a team.

Looking forward to meeting Heather :D
Heather - are you bringing any brindles with you ?

Any other forum members going to come watch ( or enter ) ?
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by k9katet »

I'm sure you guys will do awesome! Just competing is a huge accomplishment.

I am bringing Vada and Letty with. I was going to bring Narc too but I thought the trip would be more enjoyable (and manageable if I have vehicle troubles or whatever) with only 2 dogs. So, just the girls.

I'm looking forward to meeting you too and seeing you guys live in action!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by felixone123 »

best of luck and fun to all!!
wish this was closer to NY, would love to go. Since I am new to the dutch world seeing something like this live would be very educational and fun!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by alspyce »

Best of Luck to you guys!!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by GSDNanny »

Gosh, I wish I could go too! (Little too far and just recuperating financially from an expensive wedding for the daughter.)

Jenny, sounds like loads of fun. Best of luck and enjoy yourself for you and Force. Photos, photos, photos!!!!!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Brindle »

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone :D

Made it to WA this evening. Had a delayed start to my trip as my fridge had a problem this morning ( nasty burning electrical smell :o ).
Fridge had to be euthanised ( disconnected from electricity ).
Will be laid to rest ( recycled ) when I return.

Trying to figure out how to relax and trial :? . I get the worst trial nerves imaginable. Poor Force !!! No wonder he gets creative in the work and entertains the crowds.
Hopefully Heather won't be laughing too much to miss out on getting a photo or 2

Regardless , Force will have tons of fun.
Me, I'm going to work on being calm and enjoying the weekend. Not expecting to place with the super caliber of dogs/handlers entered. Sure hope to pass all 3 phases.
This'll be the biggest trial we've been in. 8 IPO3 , 4 IPO2, 4 IPO1 and a BH entered.
Keep reminding myself Force already has his IPO3 so it's not like they'll take it away from us for less than perfect performance.

Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! Trials are fun ! They are aren't they ???
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by felixone123 »

You are hysterical!! Breathe............
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Christie M »

Here is my tried and true, pre-trial regime.

Wake up nice and early so I can freshen up with a shower which always makes me feel confident.
Spend some cuddling, quality time with my dog so I am not focusing on all of her imperfections.
Stop at a McDonald's (always McDs) and get an Egg McMuffin and very large diet coke.
Get to trial field.
Relax, greet friends.
....throw up. I always throw up.
Walk on the field and PRAY that my dog does something really stupid right off the bat so that I can laugh and stop caring.

Good luck!! I hope my advice was helpful :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by alspyce »

One of my very best friends barfed on her dogs head, in the ring, at her first conformation show, and won!!!
Proof that throwing up is helpful.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Brindle »

OMG Christie !!!
I was reading along your post thinking, 'ok, I can do that, oh and that, hmmm maybe that would help' and then I got half way through and laughed so hard when I got to your 'throw up' comment.
Thank goodness that's not one of my symptoms. Sorry it's one of yours.

alspyce - wow, on their conformation dog ? Sure hope it was a short coated breed :mrgreen:
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
User avatar
k9katet
Training Dog
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by k9katet »

That's why I don't eat before I trial! Tracking is the worst for me. Definitely no eating before tracking. And I can't stand certain judges who talk and talk and talk and it's just chit chat crap. Who cares! Let's just get it over with already! :)

You're in good company Jenny! You will learn lots and make some great memories!

If I am laughing I will be laughing with your dog at the joy he is experiencing being naughty. :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by leih merigian »

Good luck Jenny and Force!!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Jenny and Force have 96 in tracking ! :cheer: :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by leih merigian »

Well, Woo-freaking-hoo!!!!! Fabulous!!! (She must've gotten those nerves under control :wtg: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: First Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals Sept 29-30

Post by alspyce »

Fantastic!!!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Post Reply