beware of dog?
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: beware of dog?
Love living in TN. If you are on my property and I ask you to leave...and you say no, I can shoot you, let my dog bite you...whatever. Here in Jackson County, my dog is free to bite anyone that trespasses, as long as I haven't granted them permission. I figured if it was really tested - my dogs eat raw anyway. No proof that a human was even here
Kinda like Clockwork Orange, but the canine version.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: beware of dog?
*shudders* Ohhh Christie! Creepy!
And can you imagine the media headlines if it were ever found out? "Local Woman Feeds Salesmen to Dogs" *smirks* Then you'd have all of the peripheral reneweing of debate over the merits of raw-feeding and etc... 
Still, joking aside, I like that,legally, your dogs wouldn't be punished for defending your home.
Still, joking aside, I like that,legally, your dogs wouldn't be punished for defending your home.
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
Re: beware of dog?
And that is how it should be....like really!!!feraloup wrote:*shudders* Ohhh Christie! Creepy!And can you imagine the media headlines if it were ever found out? "Local Woman Feeds Salesmen to Dogs" *smirks* Then you'd have all of the peripheral reneweing of debate over the merits of raw-feeding and etc...
/quote]
![]()
![]()
feraloup wrote: Still, joking aside, I like that,legally, your dogs wouldn't be punished for defending your home.
Sue (and Sugar)

- Choochi
- Training Dog
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
- Location: Toronto, ON
Re: beware of dog?
you mean there are still places on this continent where common sense prevails??Christie M wrote:Love living in TN. If you are on my property and I ask you to leave...and you say no, I can shoot you, let my dog bite you...whatever. Here in Jackson County, my dog is free to bite anyone that trespasses, as long as I haven't granted them permission. I figured if it was really tested - my dogs eat raw anyway. No proof that a human was even hereKinda like Clockwork Orange, but the canine version.
FYI to add to the general discussion, it's not just your Country's laws or your state laws, there usually are local bylaws that are in effect in regards to dog bites and property. Best to make sure what your local laws are and not rely on internet chatter about laws in some one else's jurisdiction.
Choochi
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: beware of dog?
Everywhere I've lived, it doesn't count against a dog if they bite on their own property for an unwanted visitor. This doesn't count for cable guys, postman, UPS deliverers, meter readers, etc though. Here in Chicago, since the sidewalk leads right up to the front door, it's a little blurry what counts as on the property for someone at the front door.
In Michigan, where I'll be moving to in a month, it's like Christie said, basically free range on intruders. Guns, dogs, etc. Where my parents live now, it's a 900ft trip just to get up the driveway, so anyone coming to the door is definitely on the property and better have a purpose.
In Michigan, where I'll be moving to in a month, it's like Christie said, basically free range on intruders. Guns, dogs, etc. Where my parents live now, it's a 900ft trip just to get up the driveway, so anyone coming to the door is definitely on the property and better have a purpose.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA


Facebook page.