January 14 2011

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

January 14 2011

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie_new.gif
Sadie_new.gif (126.61 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
that is the date I picked up Sadie. A scrawney, lanky, goofy, puppy dutch. For the last two years she has made me laugh, cry, and want to put on a gas mask, :eew: . I have never had such a funny, goofy dog. I still cant compare her to the floppy ear'd bassets I grew up with, I think she has their long floppy ears beat. She makes me laugh every day with her funny antics, which usually consist of eating something she isnt supposed to and then trying to push it out of her mouth with the usual" I didnt do anything " look. Unless she is so proudly running through the house with a dog bed to go rip up, I am very happy to have her in my life. There are days where Thalie is not so sure but I think she loves Sadie too. When no one is looking Thalie will give Sadie some lovin'.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Olie
Green Dog
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Olie »

Aww! Thats really a beautiful story. I happy that you guys have each other!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
Image
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Christie M »

I can't believe that it has ONLY been 2 years. Seems like forever ago.
She is SO very lucky to have found herself in your home - both due to her antics as well as the unknown issue of her hips. I'm kinda glad her "breeders" don't know how good she actually got it in the end!

Please kiss her for me!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thank you so much Christie!! It does seem soooooooooooooo long :pint: :lol: :lol:

I often wonder what would have happened to her in another home. She is so high drive but having the background with this breed and the Mals I dont have a problem, except going to the store all of the time to buy dog beds :whistle: . And with the hip issue, many people may have been scared off from that. Worst case, ill make her a cart when she is older. She has a great home here and we love her to death. Thalie just whispered that she does too and she is glad she is here too.

PS, she isnt that skinny anymore, but still very long :mrgreen:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: January 14 2011

Post by alspyce »

So glad she has not (yet) ended up in the soup! Love the puppy picture.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HA, proud to report that I am just about done making bone broth soup and the bones are NOT Sadies . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Marjolein »

:DSlove:
Great story!
Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: January 14 2011

Post by leih merigian »

Sadie sure won the doggie lotto! Time sure does fly...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: January 14 2011

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Yeah, time does fly, it dosnt feel like two years.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: January 14 2011

Post by leih merigian »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Yeah, time does fly, it dosnt feel like two years.
I know...Geyser is 2.5 now, and I can hardly believe it. Now I just want her to sloooow down to people years, yano? :)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Post Reply