Just wanted to let everyone know Koda's birthday was Sunday. I gave him a nice steak to munch on (costed a bit of money yikes!).
He is two years old now and yep already acting it. Yesterday he chased a dog up and down the fence and then walked away like "take that". The dog is a Yorkie(I think) and barks all day long. The lady was upset so I apologized and scolded him. This morning he ran towards the neighbor he knew since he's been living here and barked at him and then ran around throwing a stick up. Looks like I got more work to do... I was at a five week stretch and he was very calm and I got to relax. Yay!
Birthday!
- Schlussdibusti
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS
Re: Birthday!
Happy Birthday Koda!bannerd wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know Koda's birthday was Sunday. I gave him a nice steak to munch on (costed a bit of money yikes!).
Don't you hate those little pests! But why did you apologize AND scolded Koda.bannerd wrote: Yesterday he chased a dog up and down the fence and then walked away like "take that". The dog is a Yorkie(I think) and barks all day long. The lady was upset so I apologized and scolded him.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Jupiter, Florida
- bannerd
- Green Dog
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
- Location: NY
- Contact:
Re: Birthday!
Yeah, I wish I could.. well you know what to her dog. I hate how she leaves the dog outside and that's all it does. ugh. Good point, not sure why I did now. ha!
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
- bannerd
- Green Dog
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
- Location: NY
- Contact:
Re: Birthday!
He was at fault now that I remember. I told him to come and he didn't listen. Hard to balance that though, in a crate all day he gets explosive with energy until we can head to the grass fields.bannerd wrote:Yeah, I wish I could.. well you know what to her dog. I hate how she leaves the dog outside and that's all it does. ugh. Good point, not sure why I did now. ha!
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Birthday!
HAHAHAHA You should have told Koda "Good Job!"Schlussdibusti wrote:Her "toilet brush" was as guilty as yours (the way you described it)
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- Revhendo
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Kevin
Re: Birthday!
Happy belated to Koda.
Now I am going to go laugh myself silly over that "toilet brush" comment....
Now I am going to go laugh myself silly over that "toilet brush" comment....
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC


Facebook page.