Birthday!

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
bannerd
Green Dog
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
Location: NY
Contact:

Birthday!

Post by bannerd »

Just wanted to let everyone know Koda's birthday was Sunday. I gave him a nice steak to munch on (costed a bit of money yikes!).

He is two years old now and yep already acting it. Yesterday he chased a dog up and down the fence and then walked away like "take that". The dog is a Yorkie(I think) and barks all day long. The lady was upset so I apologized and scolded him. This morning he ran towards the neighbor he knew since he's been living here and barked at him and then ran around throwing a stick up. Looks like I got more work to do... I was at a five week stretch and he was very calm and I got to relax. Yay!
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Birthday!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

bannerd wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know Koda's birthday was Sunday. I gave him a nice steak to munch on (costed a bit of money yikes!).
Happy Birthday Koda! :party1:
bannerd wrote: Yesterday he chased a dog up and down the fence and then walked away like "take that". The dog is a Yorkie(I think) and barks all day long. The lady was upset so I apologized and scolded him.
Don't you hate those little pests! But why did you apologize AND scolded Koda. :yernuts: Her "toilet brush" was as guilty as yours (the way you described it)
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
bannerd
Green Dog
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Birthday!

Post by bannerd »

Yeah, I wish I could.. well you know what to her dog. I hate how she leaves the dog outside and that's all it does. ugh. Good point, not sure why I did now. ha!
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
User avatar
bannerd
Green Dog
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Birthday!

Post by bannerd »

bannerd wrote:Yeah, I wish I could.. well you know what to her dog. I hate how she leaves the dog outside and that's all it does. ugh. Good point, not sure why I did now. ha!
He was at fault now that I remember. I told him to come and he didn't listen. Hard to balance that though, in a crate all day he gets explosive with energy until we can head to the grass fields.
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Birthday!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Schlussdibusti wrote: :yernuts: Her "toilet brush" was as guilty as yours (the way you described it)
HAHAHAHA You should have told Koda "Good Job!"

:party1: HAppy Birthday !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Revhendo
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Re: Birthday!

Post by Revhendo »

Happy belated to Koda.
Now I am going to go laugh myself silly over that "toilet brush" comment....
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Birthday!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Happy Birthday!! :party1:
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
Post Reply