Hello from Oregon

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
bagsjr
Just Whelped
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:53 am
Tell us about yourself: Own a short haired Dutchie. Will be getting a rough haired someday!

Hello from Oregon

Post by bagsjr »

Howdy,

My wife and I have a short haired Dutchie named Nitro. We're getting a rough haired Dutchie in 2014.
Carolinagirl
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:13 am
Tell us about yourself: I just got a rough coated Dutch shepherd pup a few days ago and am looking forward to learning more about this great breed! I also have sheep,dexter cattle,two Anatolian shepherd livestock guardian dogs, an Amstaff (who is thrilled to finally have a friend to play with) and two elderly long coated chihuahuas.

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Carolinagirl »

Welcome! I am new here too. I got a rough haired Dutch shepherd last week. I love him! Where is yours coming from? I may import a pup next year.
Cindy from south Carolina
owner of a male Rough Coated Dutch Shepherd, Cooper
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome! I'm I have 2 shorthairs right now and I'm hoping to get a rough coat in a year or two. We're researching European breeders. Are you planning on getting one in America or importing? I haven't found any in the States yet that have any sort of titles on their dogs with the exception of a few conformation dogs, so if you have a great breeder in mind with working dogs, let me know.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Raven »

Welcome, welcome!

I just have an adopted DS who is at my side burning a hole through me wanting me to get off the computer. Thor and I wish Nitro, you, and your family a wonderful, fun new year. :party1:
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Brindle
Green Dog
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:03 am
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )
Location: Oregon

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Brindle »

Welcome from another Oregon DS owner ( I have 2 SH ).
What area of Oregon are you in ?
I'm in the Willamette Valley.
Compete in IPO, NoseWork, Dock Dogs, Tracking and Weightpull with my adult.
Puppy is in training for IPO and whatever else she enjoys.
Still being a crazy baby dutch shepherd puppy at the moment :twisted:
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome !!! Why do I not see pictures ????? Pictures are needed !!! LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
MaliNut
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: Well...it's a transition really. Had my final GSD from 1996 to 2009-she's over the Rainbow Bridge now); then moved over to Belgian Mals. Now I've DS fever looking to get SH silver brindle sib(in my dreams) for my 5 yo Male Mal Razor!

Thanks for having me onboard-I am here to learn all I can about Dutch SHepherds...although after 3.5 yrs of Mals I still wonder if I am really ever going to figure it out!

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by MaliNut »

Big Welcome From South Carolina!

Like Dutchringgirl said...PICTURES please ;)

Cheers..Greg
Vrijheid's "Our Ninja TAKI"- Dutch Shepherd born 5/15/13-1 Yr old!!!
Razor"...5 yr old Belgian Malinois -RIP my son; 12/13/13
User avatar
Tappy4me
Green Dog
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Tappy4me »

Welcome!! Pictures please! :)
Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess
Post Reply