Hello from AZ

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
deadrabbits
Puppy
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 am
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue
Location: Buckeye AZ

Hello from AZ

Post by deadrabbits »

My wife and I recently were introduced to DS by one of our friends and immediately fell in love. His Female was due with a litter and we were lucky enough to get a female from him. Her name is pepper and is one awesome dog. our daughter and her our inseparable and both try and get away with whatever they can. Thankfully we have pepper in training classes and she is picking up everything just as quick as she is taught. Our daughter on the other hand not so much :D. We live on acreage and close to the desert so she already runs and plays on the mountain near our home like a billy goat. I love her temperaments and can't wait until she gets bigger and we finish her classes. We do a lot of hiking and outdoor stuff so it was really important we got a dog that wanted to do as much as we do. We couldn't have got a better dog
Attachments
20140125_121839[1].jpg
20140125_121839[1].jpg (132.7 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
User avatar
JacobSzewczyk
Just Whelped
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 am
Tell us about yourself: (Personal Trainer) I'm a fitness fanatic. If you have anything health related you can ask.
I'm currently not owning a Dutch shepherd, However i own a GSD X Rottweiler
I will be looking to get a quality DS soon though for FR or PSA.

Also, I will be applying to become a police officer. And hopefully a few years down the road into the K9 subdivison. Thank's for visiting my profile.

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by JacobSzewczyk »

She's a beautiful puppy !

Oh and ofcourse. Welcome to the forum !
Jacob&Skye
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by johninny »

OH WOW!! what a photo!!!
welcome. you'll have a tough time living up to that pic but i hope you will try with many more - and soon.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
User avatar
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

1) absolutely love that photo!!!!
2) Pepper looks like my Hendrix!
3) still love that photo.
4) welcome to the forum! Can't wait to hear about your adventures with Pepper and your daughter. I'm sure they'll be stirring up some hilariously cute trouble! Also can't wait to see more pics of Pepper!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
deadrabbits
Puppy
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 am
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue
Location: Buckeye AZ

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by deadrabbits »

Thank you for the welcome everyone. We have a hike planned for Friday so I should have some fun pics up soon from that.
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
User avatar
JacobSzewczyk
Just Whelped
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 am
Tell us about yourself: (Personal Trainer) I'm a fitness fanatic. If you have anything health related you can ask.
I'm currently not owning a Dutch shepherd, However i own a GSD X Rottweiler
I will be looking to get a quality DS soon though for FR or PSA.

Also, I will be applying to become a police officer. And hopefully a few years down the road into the K9 subdivison. Thank's for visiting my profile.

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by JacobSzewczyk »

Can't wait.
Jacob&Skye
User avatar
Asha
Green Dog
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by Asha »

What a pic! Talk about a "best friends" candidate!
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by centrop67 »

Asha wrote:What a pic! Talk about a "best friends" candidate!
Yep. Kids and puppies are always a guaranteed favorite.

Welcome to the forum.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Post Reply