Dog parks alert

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Dog parks alert

Post by alspyce »

As posted on FB, no idea if it's legit.
dog park.jpg
dog park.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thanks Chris!!!!

Another reason NOT to go.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
feraloup
Training Dog
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
Location: VT

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by feraloup »

Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds* :evil:
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by Stacy_R »

feraloup wrote:Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds* :evil:
We live in a dark, sick, twisted world... <sigh> :(
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
User avatar
Revhendo
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by Revhendo »

Stacy_R wrote:
feraloup wrote:Horrifying! Sick, twisted, ...*lapses into outraged sputtering of indignant sounds* :evil:
We live in a dark, sick, twisted world... <sigh> :(
The more I deal with people, the more I love my dogs......
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by Stacy_R »

Revhendo wrote: The more I deal with people, the more I love my dogs......
Ditto that. Dit-To that...
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by centrop67 »

Extreme vigilance is key when raising and protecting our loved ones that cannot protect themselves from the cruelty that exists in this world.

I recommend browsing over at Snopes http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cheese.asp for the complete report on this issue. Though, there have been some cases reported, it does not appear to be the "epidemic" that the Facebook post makes it out to be.

Believe me, one incident of this type is more than should ever happen, but it is probably just as likely that a disgruntled or deranged neighbor might do something like this right in your backyard. :eew:

One final point. When you consider the absolute evil in reports like this, remember that there's also the thousands of rescue organizations and millions of owners who have decided to go the extra mile to care for dogs that someone else didn't want or couldn't take care of.

:DSangel:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Dog parks alert

Post by Stacy_R »

All good points Michael. I volunteer with a rescue and to be sure...we see bad, but we also see lots of good.
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Post Reply