Pepper update

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
deadrabbits
Puppy
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 am
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue
Location: Buckeye AZ

Pepper update

Post by deadrabbits »

Hello everyone. I know I have been bad and haven't posted anything in a while. Jobs been crazy and found out 2 months ago I was going g to be a dad again. He comes number 3 if you count pepper. Now to pepper and her achievements. We are in the middle of her advance training and she is doing awesome. Both verbal and hand commands work very well. At least when she feels like it I mean :mrgreen: . And as of last week she passed the akc good citizens test. I already was taking her just about everywhere with me but now I can show that to put people at ease in certain stores. All and all I couldn't be happier with her. The only bad habit she has Developed is an affinity for shoes, and not just normal ones but my wife's work shoes :roll: . I have a bunch of pics I will be posting soon. Just need to resize them. Hope everyone is doing well
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
User avatar
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Pepper update

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

YAY Pepper!!!! You must be so proud! If you have any problems in stores, get her a vest with ID panels that say "in training". We have one and it's a life saver especially when working on people not touching for long downs. We get more questions about what Hendrix is training for than stares! And congrats to your new addition too!

Oh man the shoes! Hendrix has a love of shoes. Specifically mine or my mother's when she's here. He loves her penny loafers the best. Mine seem to be his all out buffet. Good luck!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
User avatar
MaliNut
Puppy
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 pm
Tell us about yourself: Well...it's a transition really. Had my final GSD from 1996 to 2009-she's over the Rainbow Bridge now); then moved over to Belgian Mals. Now I've DS fever looking to get SH silver brindle sib(in my dreams) for my 5 yo Male Mal Razor!

Thanks for having me onboard-I am here to learn all I can about Dutch SHepherds...although after 3.5 yrs of Mals I still wonder if I am really ever going to figure it out!

Re: Pepper update

Post by MaliNut »

Taki has eaten three pair of my 150+ dollar ASICS running shoes (2 Nimbus, One Kayano)...Leaves the wifey's 7 flip flops alone.

She's got good taste I guess!
Vrijheid's "Our Ninja TAKI"- Dutch Shepherd born 5/15/13-1 Yr old!!!
Razor"...5 yr old Belgian Malinois -RIP my son; 12/13/13
User avatar
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 am
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...
Location: Carolinas

Re: Pepper update

Post by Stacy_R »

Congrats on the CGC. We tried, but Tyson had a complete fall apart during supervised separation. Practically dragged the lady out the door. She looked at me, eyes wide, and said "He doesn't look like he's that strong!!!"
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Post Reply