At almost a year old, I'm still trying to confirm my pup's breed. He's about 60 lbs and seems to have the temperament of a dutch. That said, I can't find a picture of anything that looks quite like him anywhere online.
Everything about him seems very Dutch Shepherd like to me (from what I've read, and the one DS I've met in person), but since I can't find a single picture of an adolescent/adult long-hard blue DS online, I don't know if mine looks like one at all!
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
nice.
if you go to CHERCAR KENNELS homepage, on the left column to click, you will find a topic, ''what is a blue shepherd?'' that will give you some info and pics but not a longer-hair.
if you google blue dutch shepherd, you will find ''images of blue DS'' and in early-on [ 5th?] there is Mira, a long-haired blue DS. there are more examples i am sure, but Mira is a good example.
He sure looks like a blue long haired dutch…. I haven't checked yet but have you posted in the "is my dog a DS" section too? Side profile pics will help too…. He's absolutely adorable! So handsome!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Tell us about yourself: My name is Sarah, my puppy is named Hobbes. He is 5 months old and full of piss and vinegar. Currently training in obedience and just starting with tracking. This is my first puppy so I am always looking for advice!
johninny wrote:nice.
if you go to CHERCAR KENNELS homepage, on the left column to click, you will find a topic, ''what is a blue shepherd?'' that will give you some info and pics but not a longer-hair.
if you google blue dutch shepherd, you will find ''images of blue DS'' and in early-on [ 5th?] there is Mira, a long-haired blue DS. there are more examples i am sure, but Mira is a good example.
Thank you johninny! This was helpful.
Everyone else -- thanks too! I'm absolutely obsessed with this guy! I've owned a lot of dogs in my life, but none better than Blue! He's a fantastic pooch.
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
glad it was helpful.
so... what do you think?
to me, Blue sure seems like a DS - his looks and your view of behavior to match. [ and loved his (blue) look from the moment you first posted those amazing puppy pics of him - like peering out from under the sofa! ] all grown up - but without the benefit of full profile or other more complete views, he does not seem long-haired from the single adult photo you posted. rather - based on that one photo - i would call him what some here have referred to as ''fuzzy'' - meaning on the short hair side but with some excess length ususally centered around the neck. or does he have a really long coat on his back also?
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
HAH! Love it. Reminds me of my friend's Malinois, Seven, who's CONSTANTLY upside down just like that. We rarely see him right side up. Love upside down pics!!!!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
great. i know i would love him. so beautiful with a great personality.
that photo is enough i think to say that he a simply a ''fuzzy'' short-haired DS. one of mine is a little fuzzy - with an incredibly bushy tail and fur that's VERY thick and a bit longer. the other 2 have the really short coats. i think the somewhat longer hair tends to give the character looks-wise.
[btw, i'm missing a ''blue'' in my inventory - in case you want to send him my way. Blue and Tracer would make a particularly stunning pair.]
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2