Wish us luck!

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by Mobil »

thanks, Sharon. I sedated him, so he's resting now.

He looked so bewildered by what he did. He must be miserable. My daughter's clinic is allowing her to come to work late so she can come help tomorrow. She's assisted at a few at work and volunteered to come help make him comfortable. I'm going to sedate him again in the morning a couple hours before we go to make it as gentle as possible for him.

this fucking sucks. I know it's what we have to do, but, man.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
deadrabbits
Puppy
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 am
Tell us about yourself: First Dutch owned. Was bought for my daughter and the family. Currently going through obedience classes. I am former military and currently working for a law enforcement agency. Have had labs most of my life and a friend introduced me to his Dutch and my family fell in love. Our current one is a female named pepper and is just now 3 months old. I would like to possibly train her for search and rescue
Location: Buckeye AZ

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by deadrabbits »

My heart goes out to you.
Casey and pepper----- Mr H's long lost sister
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by Raven »

Just please make sure that you and the vet are on the same page about the meds/dosage he's received and when they were administered. And please make sure, that tonight, he's isn't compromised by the meds/dosage.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by Mobil »

I asked her specifically what dosages at which times before I dosed him. He'll be comfortable.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
User avatar
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

My heart is breaking with yours Dusty! I know this is not an easy decision and it hurts. I am so sorry for your loss. At least Delco had a good home and will have people who truly love him around him. And he will not be forgotten, not for the bad but for all the good times he shared with you and your family. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by Mobil »

Thank you all.
He doesn't have to be afraid any more.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3589
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by centrop67 »

:DSangel:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
shana
Puppy
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.

Re: Wish us luck!

Post by shana »

So sorry for your loss I know this must be incredibly hard for you. But your wonderful for doing the right thing for him and giving the peace he deserves sounds like he was meant to be with you so someone could make the right choice with him. You did everything within your power and didn't just pass him off to be someone else's problem. He will finally be at peace and won't need to live a life in fear. My thoughts are with you in this hard time.
Post Reply