Today's feat, besides an unconfirmed episode of magic transportation, he decided that he needed to be on top of my head. He was sitting at my feet chewing a bone as I sat in a chair researching something, and he suddenly decided it was an absolute MUST he come see what the view was like from atop my head. So up he approached with wide eyes, asking for something I wasn't sure what, so as I turned to him with an eyebrow raised, up, up, up he rose until his balls were in my face. Stunned, I sat there with puppy balls in my eyes as this huge weight hit my head, and Mr. H rested his paws on my other shoulder. He stayed there for maybe five seconds before common sense, blocked by 55 pounds of pup, hit me and I shoved him off. Apparently the view was great because he tried it later tonight.
Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Today is one of those "Hendrix Twilight Zone" days. It made me wonder what is the most crazy, hilarious, strange, WTF-that-doesn't-happen-ever, one off, strange habit, absolute best thing your DS has done? Multiple stories welcome...
Today's feat, besides an unconfirmed episode of magic transportation, he decided that he needed to be on top of my head. He was sitting at my feet chewing a bone as I sat in a chair researching something, and he suddenly decided it was an absolute MUST he come see what the view was like from atop my head. So up he approached with wide eyes, asking for something I wasn't sure what, so as I turned to him with an eyebrow raised, up, up, up he rose until his balls were in my face. Stunned, I sat there with puppy balls in my eyes as this huge weight hit my head, and Mr. H rested his paws on my other shoulder. He stayed there for maybe five seconds before common sense, blocked by 55 pounds of pup, hit me and I shoved him off. Apparently the view was great because he tried it later tonight.

Today's feat, besides an unconfirmed episode of magic transportation, he decided that he needed to be on top of my head. He was sitting at my feet chewing a bone as I sat in a chair researching something, and he suddenly decided it was an absolute MUST he come see what the view was like from atop my head. So up he approached with wide eyes, asking for something I wasn't sure what, so as I turned to him with an eyebrow raised, up, up, up he rose until his balls were in my face. Stunned, I sat there with puppy balls in my eyes as this huge weight hit my head, and Mr. H rested his paws on my other shoulder. He stayed there for maybe five seconds before common sense, blocked by 55 pounds of pup, hit me and I shoved him off. Apparently the view was great because he tried it later tonight.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I have girls.


Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- HeatherH
- Green Dog
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Sounds like a Comron Diaz movie. She seems to have dogs balls in her face?
Crazies thing he has ever done?
let me see climb the tree to get the apples and cherries. did know that til I saw it. Try and jump over me to get to the food on the counter.
Does that count?
Heather
Crazies thing he has ever done?
let me see climb the tree to get the apples and cherries. did know that til I saw it. Try and jump over me to get to the food on the counter.
Does that count?
Heather
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
- simbathedog1
- Puppy
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Adopted a young adult male Dutch Shepherd from the local animal shelter 5 months ago. Also have a smaller Australian Shepherd/Corgi mixed breed dog.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Simba has figured out how to open the door and let himself in.
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Xander washes his ball in the water bucket outside. He will catch it a few times then runs over and dunks it in the water to get the dirt off. Then he started dunking his toys inside in his water bucket. I have to clean it 3 times a day. WTFffffff...
Karen & Xander
- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
lol! Maybe Xander likes the taste of dirty toy water? Sometimes I find H's ball in his water….
Simba is like, "don't worry, I got this" as he opens the door. Love it!
Lisa - you have no idea how jealous I am of that fact right now. There are some things I cannot un-see.
Simba is like, "don't worry, I got this" as he opens the door. Love it!
Lisa - you have no idea how jealous I am of that fact right now. There are some things I cannot un-see.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I learned today that Turbo does this:


- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done

Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
[quote="Mobil"]I learned today that Turbo does this:
That's normal......
That's normal......
- Attachments
-
- img20140626_215706.jpg (116.68 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
-
- img20140626_215750.jpg (120.19 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
-
- img20140626_215828.jpg (144.76 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
Karen & Xander
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
That's ... amazing.karenz wrote:
That's normal......
-
shana
- Puppy
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
My pup is 13 weeks old and we got into an argument about eating a bath mat the other day. No joke. I'm sitting there getting ready for work and he starts trying to eat the bath mat. I tell him no I get chewy noises he sitting there looking at me looking at the mat. Khaos goes for the mat again I tell him no more chewy noises and same thing. Then on the third no he takes a bit sigh flops on the floor in defeat starts chewing his bone. I was almost on the floor laughing at this point thinking who the hell gets in arguments with there dog lol.
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I really like the bitter spray. I do use substitutions for redirecting chewing, but since I started putting bitter spray on all the rug edges, I've not had them chewing on the rugs any more. Same with the couch buttons along the lower edge. I'm gonna get a pallet of this stuff.shana wrote:My pup is 13 weeks old and we got into an argument about eating a bath mat the other day. No joke. I'm sitting there getting ready for work and he starts trying to eat the bath mat. I tell him no I get chewy noises he sitting there looking at me looking at the mat. Khaos goes for the mat again I tell him no more chey noises and same thing. Then on the third no he takes a bit sigh and starts chewing his bone. I was almost on the floor launching at this point thinking who the hell gets in arguments with there dog lol.
-
shana
- Puppy
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Oh yeah tired it lol doesn't stop him at all lol he just keeps right in going so he has an xpen or is tied to me in the house when he's out I always have toys to redirect him to 
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I really like the bitter spray. I do use substitutions for redirecting chewing, but since I started putting bitter spray on all the rug edges, I've not had them chewing on the rugs any more. Same with the couch buttons along the lower edge. I'm gonna get a pallet of this stuff.
[/quote]
I tried bitter spray on the furniture. Xander licked it off. Then every time I would spray it he would bite at the spray. Go figure.
I tried bitter spray on the furniture. Xander licked it off. Then every time I would spray it he would bite at the spray. Go figure.
Karen & Xander
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I don't know that it's the best thing Thor has ever done, but it's one of the best things he's done.
I fell one day. Took out the kitchen table and one of the chairs with me. I landed on my (bad) back...and didn't move...trying to get a sense if everything in my body was okay.
Thor laid down next to me and put his head on my chest. Once I realized I was no more damaged than I was going down, I grabbed him and told him to pull. And that's how I got up.
I fell one day. Took out the kitchen table and one of the chairs with me. I landed on my (bad) back...and didn't move...trying to get a sense if everything in my body was okay.
Thor laid down next to me and put his head on my chest. Once I realized I was no more damaged than I was going down, I grabbed him and told him to pull. And that's how I got up.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Shana, i think it is amazing how expressive they are when in an argument with you - the snorts, the screams, the sighs, merely flopping onto or more violently throwing themselves onto the ground. it is hilarious what they do - like very creative human teenagers.
Kira, that photo? if that is Hendrix doing another magic trick, then he takes the cake --- shape-shifting requires even more talent and brains than teleportation!!
Kira, that photo? if that is Hendrix doing another magic trick, then he takes the cake --- shape-shifting requires even more talent and brains than teleportation!!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
I don't know where my post went? If you see it floating around on another thread, it was supposed to be here.
So lately, miss Elli has decided that she'd teach herself to open the fridge. We came home one night to two sumo wrestler looking Dutch butts waddling around the kitchen after she opened the fridge and shared a bag of 10lbs of chicken breast with Odin. This was after they ate their 2lbs of raw dinners.
I bought baby locks for the fridge and not a second after I put them on, Elli ran around the kitchen opening all of the lower cabinets, and then jumped on the counter and opened the two big upper cabinets as if to tell me she was always going to be one step ahead of me. I didn't even have the time or heart to correct her and she was standing on the counter looking at me. I was laughing so hard.
So lately, miss Elli has decided that she'd teach herself to open the fridge. We came home one night to two sumo wrestler looking Dutch butts waddling around the kitchen after she opened the fridge and shared a bag of 10lbs of chicken breast with Odin. This was after they ate their 2lbs of raw dinners.
I bought baby locks for the fridge and not a second after I put them on, Elli ran around the kitchen opening all of the lower cabinets, and then jumped on the counter and opened the two big upper cabinets as if to tell me she was always going to be one step ahead of me. I didn't even have the time or heart to correct her and she was standing on the counter looking at me. I was laughing so hard.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
- simbathedog1
- Puppy
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:43 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Adopted a young adult male Dutch Shepherd from the local animal shelter 5 months ago. Also have a smaller Australian Shepherd/Corgi mixed breed dog.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Omg... simba better not start raiding the kitchen . He opens the front door so I know he could get into the cabinets and fridge if he wanted to, but so far he hasn't. Fingers crossed.
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Opens the front door?
you guys have lever handles, not knobs, right?
RIGHT??
you guys have lever handles, not knobs, right?
RIGHT??
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Best/Craziest Thing Your DS Has Done
Haaa. My last ds, rawly, would open knobs. He even could unlock them. Had to keep deadbolts locked. Luckily he never figured out how to unlock the deadbolts. They are craaaaazy smart.Mobil wrote:Opens the front door?
you guys have lever handles, not knobs, right?
RIGHT??
Karen & Xander


Facebook page.