…: http://youtu.be/4cW0vigD6EE
NatGeo: Dog Attack Styles: http://youtu.be/cQyWbjPRsDg
some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
- Kitty_the_dog
- Puppy
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hello, we have rescued a new addition. His name is Kitty and he was saved from poor conditions in downtown L.A.. we saw him posted on craigslist and couldnt srop thinking about him, the next day we decided he was the one. As we had been looking at getting a pup anyways. We were told he was 8 weeks when we got him and he had been dewormed, and had shots. We were alao told he was a black lab and Australlian shepard mix. After a trip to the vet the next day, none of that held up. HE WAS ONLY 6 WEEKS!!!! had worms and no shots. Weighed 7.4 pounds, happy to inform 3 weeks of having him anf he is a whopping 15 pounds!
some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”
- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
Holy cow that NatGeo DS was HUGE. It had to have been a cross... 120 lbs????? Jeez!!!
My friend shot something about dog bites and he got to work with DS.... I'll have to ask him what program it was for!
My friend shot something about dog bites and he got to work with DS.... I'll have to ask him what program it was for!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
I didn't click on the link, but The NatGeo video (assuming it's the "Attack Styles" featuring Amer. Bulldog, Bel Mal, DS and mastiff) erred in the weight of that DS...the dog is not 130 pounds.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
I really hope so! Because even though the DS looks HUGE I can't believe it's 130!! I'll try to post a screen cap of it.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
Yeah, definitely doesn't look 130 pounds.
Also, good job spelling "shepherd" NatGeo.
Also, good job spelling "shepherd" NatGeo.
- Revhendo
- Green Dog
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Kevin
Re: some pretty neat training videos of Dutchies
This video showed up as a suggestion after the NatGeo one. I thought it was pretty cool, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvW02lV-gm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvW02lV-gm0
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).


Facebook page.