Possible Spam on this site

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Possible Spam on this site

Post by karenz »

I sent a message to dutchringgirl and Raven. Since then I have done some research on a couple recent posts by PattiHych23. It appears this user is a member of every forum online. The username pops up several times as a spam alert. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Do not click on her links about wigs.
Karen & Xander
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by Mobil »

But really, these wigs make stylish. you know you want one. Very fashion.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by karenz »

I was thinking about ordering one for me and one for Xander. Lol. Come on, really! This person is a :loser: :loser:

I just hope whoever it is didn't manage to hack anyone.
Karen & Xander
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by johninny »

when i saw and read those last night, i felt so violated by Patti:
some stranger - apparently a partially illiterate one - crept into the forum and stole my time and, in my mind, be-spoiled a few very nice threads.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by Mobil »

Judging by the fact that it posted by obvious keywords; e.g. long hair, rough hair, it was likely a spambot rather than a person.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
User avatar
karenz
Training Dog
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
Location: NC

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by karenz »

Hopefully they will delete them and their posts. I actually almost clicked on the link out of curiosity but decided it wasn't worth the risk. Then I was going to send a pretty ugly message to them but figured it was a waste of time. So, now I'm just infuriated that I can't think of anyway to seek revenge.
Karen & Xander
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Taken care of, thanks for the heads up.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Possible Spam on this site

Post by johninny »

Karen, that is exactly how i felt; i wanted to slash jennyspambot's tires and was so mad she didn't have any.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Post Reply