Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

For our new members to introduce themselves
Texsun
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am
Tell us about yourself: I am active duty Army, and I have a DSD

Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Texsun »

First off I have been cruising the site for a few weeks and finally decided I can contribute!

This is Axle he pretty much helps me coupe with allot of things. He is a great partner and an amazing hobby! I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA but I grew up in Texas hence the name. I hope everyone has a great evening! Just a few quick pictures.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
The name is Drew, I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA
My K9s name is Axle and he is highly motivated!
User avatar
felixone123
Working Dog
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
Location: Fishkill, NY

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by felixone123 »

Hi and welcome!! Nice looking dog you have there!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
User avatar
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Christie M »

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! He is a very handsome man indeed! Where did he come from? Have you had him since he was a puppy? Do you train for anything specific?

If you can, please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel create a signature for yourself - including your name. Then we will all know who Axle's owner is :D
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Sugars Mom »

Welcome!
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Welcome :wave:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Welcome!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
alexis
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Live in NYC with Zane

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by alexis »

Welcome!! It looks like Axle gets to go a lot of exciting places!
alexis & zane in NYC
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by alspyce »

Howdy! :wave:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Texsun
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am
Tell us about yourself: I am active duty Army, and I have a DSD

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Texsun »

Some more pictures for yall :) He is trained mainly to be an obedient partner!


Image

Image
The name is Drew, I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA
My K9s name is Axle and he is highly motivated!
Lauren
Training Dog
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Lauren »

Welcome! He is beautiful! Did you get him in Texas or Ga?

He looks like he fits in everywhere! :D
Lauren from Western NC
Texsun
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am
Tell us about yourself: I am active duty Army, and I have a DSD

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Texsun »

Doing some agility work


Image

Image
The name is Drew, I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA
My K9s name is Axle and he is highly motivated!
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
Contact:

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Hi! Nice pictures!
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by vneerland »

Tex, C'mon and be a sport. ;) How about a name and signing your posts. Please?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Texsun
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am
Tell us about yourself: I am active duty Army, and I have a DSD

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Texsun »

vneerland wrote:Tex, C'mon and be a sport. ;) How about a name and signing your posts. Please?
How is this for my Signature?
The name is Drew, I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA
My K9s name is Axle and he is highly motivated!
User avatar
alspyce
Working Dog
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
Location: Corinth, New York

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by alspyce »

:yeah:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
User avatar
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Yeah, Drew and Axle from GA :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by vneerland »

Texsun wrote:
vneerland wrote:Tex, C'mon and be a sport. ;) How about a name and signing your posts. Please?
How is this for my Signature?
That sure looks nice, Drew. ;)
Where in Tx are you from? I am up in the north eastern part.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Texsun
Just Whelped
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am
Tell us about yourself: I am active duty Army, and I have a DSD

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by Texsun »

I grew up in White Oak, Texas about 100 miles east of Dallas havent lived there in a good 8 years though.
The name is Drew, I am active duty army stationed in Dahlonega, GA
My K9s name is Axle and he is highly motivated!
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by GSDNanny »

Drew, first and foremost, thank you for the sacrifices you make in serving our country. Best of luck to you. We certainly welcome you here.

Looks like you have the perfect companion dog with Axle. And it looks like he is having the time of his life with you.

We love love pictures here so keep 'em a comin', ok?

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello, hey, hi, how you doing?

Post by vneerland »

Texsun wrote:I grew up in White Oak, Texas about 100 miles east of Dallas havent lived there in a good 8 years though.
Hi neighbor! 8-)
(From Hawkins TX, and before that Longview, TX)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Post Reply