Page 1 of 2
Happy! by Xena
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 pm
by Lauren
Well, you would not believe what Mom and Dad got for me! I mean, it is even better than Reindeer and treats!! What could it be, You say???
Only my new BABY BROTHER!!!! OMG I could not believe it! We went on an errand, like usual, and I figured we were going to Lowe's... But it was longer. Then we stopped and Dad went into this house and came out with the 2nd most adorable creature ever! He is ALMOST as cute as I was at that age. (but we all know THAT was pretty darn cute, so I can't blame him for falling short.

)

- IMG_1063.jpg (51.42 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
Here we are. Usually Mom sits up front, but that seemed too far away for me, so we switched. Can't you tell he adores me already?

- IMG_1064.jpg (50.48 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
i checked with mom, "Mom, is he really coming WITH us?" Yes? YES!!!

- IMG_1065.jpg (43.16 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
And I just couldn't stop smiling. I smiled so much my cheeks hurt. I wagged for 4 days straight!!! Mom says she has never seen me so happy in all of my life and you know, I am pretty old now. I am a whole 9 months!

- IMG_1069.jpg (40.56 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
On the ride home, I made sure he didn't fall. He slept and I smiled. The ride home was MUCH shorter.
Now, we do everything together. I mean the kid would be lost without me! I had to give him a boost up the step and take anything he got into straight to mom before he could have it. We hang out on the bed and play and wrestle.

- IMG_1087.jpg (48.59 KiB) Viewed 4900 times

- IMG_1091.jpg (58.69 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
We wrestle in the greenhouse together too:

- IMG_1100.jpg (94.14 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
(ps. I am NOT losing here, I just act that way for the kid!)

- IMG_1101.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 4900 times

- IMG_1124.jpg (93.58 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
I am teaching him to hang out at work. I mean they call ME a poser. pfft.

- IMG_1125.jpg (123.29 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
All in all he is pretty awesome. And like I said, I can not stop smiling!

- IMG_1131.jpg (66.65 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
(mom says something about excuse the dirty floor?

)
Oh, yeah. His name is Thornwald. "A good Dutch name", Dad says... But we all call him Thor!

- IMG_1158.jpg (114.1 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 am
by felixone123
OMG!!! Xena, your boy is so adorable, but you are still the prettiest girl ever!!
How cute is Thor!! I just want to eat him up. Xena does look very happy and they seem to get along. More pics!! I love the car shot where Xena is touching his nose - awwwwwwwwwwwww, and when they are wrestling and lying on the bed together.
Great commentary Lauren!! How long have you had the little rascal? How old? I'm guessing Xena has adjusted rather well.
Wishing you all the best!! How fun.
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 am
by Lauren
Thanks, Barbara. He has just fit right in and made everything better.
Xena is just beside herself happy. Apollo, my old standard poodle is happy because Xena is not trying to play with him. Stan (hubby) is thrilled with his first puppy (They always had about 15 dogs in his household, but none were ever just his.). I am happy and surprised that he has a much lower energy than my girl (thank goodness) and he is learning things so quickly because she does what we ask him to do, and he copies it. And he sure is a cutie pie (with razor like alligator teeth

).
We have had him for almost 3 weeks. He is 9 weeks now. The breeder was sending everyone off earlier than we had hoped/planned/liked but it has worked out very well so far.

Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 am
by Sugars Mom
OMG soooo cute!! Glad to hear its all working out well, boy, you are going to have your hands full with brindle beauties! Keep the pics coming!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:13 am
by Southernmost Dutch
Awesome...
I smiled the entire story. Thanks for sharing!
Tony
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:36 pm
by alspyce
How exciting! You must take more pictures!!!
(I think the potatoe chip bag is getting passed around.)
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 pm
by alexis
He's precious! And they seem so happy together! Congratulations!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm
by GSDNanny
Well, Congrats! What a precious pup, that Mr. Thor! Funny how Xena just cant help herself by smiling, she is definitely pleased and happy with this new addition to the fam. Keep the pics coming, they grow up so fast.
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:57 pm
by felixone123
PS - love the name Thornwald!!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:21 pm
by lisaanne
Such a sweet story....thanks for sharing your family. I love them

Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:02 pm
by Marjolein
AWwwww! Great story!! More!!
The name is great (not very Dutch I'm afraid, never heard of it

) and he is SO cute! We definately need more pics!

Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 pm
by wahinelf
OH MY WORD. Cutest ever!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 am
by Schlussdibusti
Xena has a partner in crime! They look so cute together. Congrats on the new addition to the family!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 am
by Drizlaru
Congratulations! Thor is a handsome pup, and Xena is always beautiful.
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am
by lisaanne
I LOVE the name Thor, for a boy pup, that is. lol Actually, the family down the block from us named their new baby boy Thor a few months ago, not sure I like it for a human boy. It's the name of a Germanic God of THUNDER. Thor is also mentioned quite a bit in Norse Mythology.....I also read that the name Thor refers to the day Thursday. (?) Thor was a very common name among men in the Viking Times, in defiance of Christianity. Anyways, there are lots of stories about Thor, and I think its a great, strong, masculine name.....
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18 am
by Schlussdibusti
and in Germany a soccer goal is called "Tor". If you ever take him to a big German soccer game or near it and everybody screems "Tor", he will think 50,000 or so people are calling him!

(not very likely but still funny)
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:47 am
by Lauren
Thank you all. We are smitten.
Marjolein, don't tell Stan about the name thing. He spent hours researching because although he wanted to call him Thor, he didn't want him to be named after a ruthless god.
He named Xena, too but didn't seem to care that I was getting independent, wild, warrior!
He is growing SO fast! I will post more pics soon!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:34 pm
by felixone123
I believe that Odin is the father of Thor in Norse Mythology

Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:43 pm
by Isis
wahinelf wrote:OH MY WORD. Cutest ever!
DITTO!!!! I can see the happiness just BEAMING off Xena!!!
Re: Happy! by Xena
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:37 pm
by Marjolein
Lauren wrote:Thank you all. We are smitten.
Marjolein, don't tell Stan about the name thing. He spent hours researching because although he wanted to call him Thor, he didn't want him to be named after a ruthless god.
haha, I'll never tell, bummer it's on the net now
