The top pictures were more personal, the lady would kill me
Hike
- bannerd
- Green Dog
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
- Location: NY
- Contact:
Hike
We hiked the highest mountain in NY. The top was incredible and brutally cold as well. Here is some pictures of the scenes. If it wasn't for Koda pulling me to the top it would have been harder for me



The top pictures were more personal, the lady would kill me
The top pictures were more personal, the lady would kill me
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- HeatherH
- Green Dog
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.
Re: Hike
Very nice. It looks like the area beside my house. We live right next to an escarpment. Very nice. Dutch loves it
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
- bannerd
- Green Dog
- Posts: 147
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).
- Location: NY
- Contact:
Re: Hike
The hike is about 14 miles.. it was pretty crazy. DutchGirl, that harness is http://www.ruffwear.com/
I bought this for him awhile back; http://www.ruffwear.com/Palisades-Pack_ ... ategory=13 you can detach the backback.
There is a lot of sheer cliff though, I didn't think Koda would make it. He went right up it like nothing and saved me from falling a few times. Going down was dangerous because he wanted to race down. He learned the slow command rather quick that day after I slipped and cracked my butt on some flat rock.
I bought this for him awhile back; http://www.ruffwear.com/Palisades-Pack_ ... ategory=13 you can detach the backback.
There is a lot of sheer cliff though, I didn't think Koda would make it. He went right up it like nothing and saved me from falling a few times. Going down was dangerous because he wanted to race down. He learned the slow command rather quick that day after I slipped and cracked my butt on some flat rock.
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!


Facebook page.
