Page 1 of 1

Hike

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm
by bannerd
We hiked the highest mountain in NY. The top was incredible and brutally cold as well. Here is some pictures of the scenes. If it wasn't for Koda pulling me to the top it would have been harder for me :lol:

Image
Image
Image

The top pictures were more personal, the lady would kill me :pint:

Re: Hike

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 pm
by Sugars Mom
Very nice!! How long is the hike?

Re: Hike

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:47 pm
by Dutchringgirl
wow, thats fantastic. I love that harness.

Re: Hike

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:23 pm
by HeatherH
Very nice. It looks like the area beside my house. We live right next to an escarpment. Very nice. Dutch loves it

Re: Hike

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm
by bannerd
The hike is about 14 miles.. it was pretty crazy. DutchGirl, that harness is http://www.ruffwear.com/

I bought this for him awhile back; http://www.ruffwear.com/Palisades-Pack_ ... ategory=13 you can detach the backback.

There is a lot of sheer cliff though, I didn't think Koda would make it. He went right up it like nothing and saved me from falling a few times. Going down was dangerous because he wanted to race down. He learned the slow command rather quick that day after I slipped and cracked my butt on some flat rock.