Tell us about yourself: Retired US military with a special affinity for Dutch Shepherds. I own a 2 years old short haired DS named Sgt Schultz, after the character from the 1960s TV show "Hogan's Heroes." He is named that because when I got him he knew NOTHING, just like his namesake.
I recently retired from the US Military. During my service I grew very fond of the Dutch Shepherd breed after having had the opportunity to work with several. Soon after retiring my wife and children presented me with a bouncing 1 1/2 year old male Dutch Shepherd as a Christmas present. His name is Sgt Schultz, after the character from the 1960's TV show "Hogan's Heroes" because when he came in to our home he, like his namesake, knew NOTHING. He's completed basic obedience and is a very loyal dog, but with a strong mind of his own.
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)
Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)
In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobakawww.dogster.com/dogs/637612
WELCOME!
i bet he was happy to get a home that appreciates him! is he well-adjusted to people and dogs?
Sgt.S looks absolutely beautiful with more than a regal touch in him.
hope to see and hear much more from you and DS SS.
Tell us about yourself: My name is Jennifer. My whole life I have been interested in dogs. I starting learning about all the different breeds and their characteristics at a very young age. Now that I am older & out on my own, I felt it was a good time to rescue my own dog. I searched for about 6 months. It was my third time around when i met a 8 week old Dutch Shepherd. The moment we met i knew she had picked me. It was an instant connection. The shelter said someone found her and two sister pups abandoned in the woods. Her sisters were adopted that same week. Her name is Kora, she has a tan brindle coat and is the best companion I could ever have in a dog. She amazes me everyday with her intelligence and personality.
Tell us about yourself: Howdy, We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).