Neo!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
neosmomNdad
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: We adopted Neo, an 18month old dutch shepherd

Neo!

Post by neosmomNdad »

Neo was dropped at the door of the humane society. They told us be had parvo and was a miracle he survived. We adopted him from pet smart. They told us he was a Dutch shepherd. I didn't know much about them but we took a day to research and really look within to see if we were ready to make this commitment.
Wwe were both ready and look forward to raising him and giving all the attention and exercise he needs! I plan on hiring a trainer as soon as he gets his next round of shots. They suggested we keep him at the house until then. He is 18 weeks old and weighs 15 pounds.
I can't wait to share photos but when I upload from my phone it says "file to big. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Neo's Dad.
neosmomNdad
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: We adopted Neo, an 18month old dutch shepherd

Re: Neo!

Post by neosmomNdad »

Here's a pic of neo. I finally figured out how to upload pics
I assume he is a dutch shepherd?
Is he younger than 18 weeks? He is just 15 pounds but is gaining strength,energy and weight daily
Attachments
IMG_20131114_191026.jpg
IMG_20131114_191026.jpg (193.53 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Karin
Green Dog
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hi there.
I WILL be a new Dutch Shepherd owner on July 20th!!! Puppies are on the ground and a huge litter at 14! Very excited. I chose the Dutch because I like high drive dogs and my husband likes shepherds. We both have had GSDs in our past. I also am interested in search and rescue training. I live in the mountains of California and have two older Australian Shepherds. I do know that I have a job managing this pack. My husband is on board with it all. No kids. Both of us have flexible jobs. We are active folk but aging! ;-))
Still we mountain bike, hike, cross-country ski and my husband runs. I walk in the woods with the dogs 3 times a day and we are lucky to have US Forest right out the door. So that is it.

Re: Neo!

Post by Karin »

First, he sure is cute. He looks DS but more pictures might be helpful. Then again sometimes at an early age it is hard. But looks DS. Welcome to the forum.

Regarding weight. I have a 6 month old male and judging on his parents I would say he is about average to slightly above average weight. He was 11 lbs at 8 weeks old. I think he hit 15 lbs at 14 weeks. That is just to give you a gage. I imagine there are smaller lines out there and I imagine he could be younger than 18 weeks.

Time will tell.

Best to you and yours!
Karin In Lake Tahoe
Ptygo de las Flores (Tee-go)
Born May 24, 2013
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
Location: Victoria BC

Re: Neo!

Post by Sugars Mom »

OMG so cute! Welcome to the forum :)
Sue (and Sugar)

Image
neosmomNdad
Just Whelped
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm
Tell us about yourself: We adopted Neo, an 18month old dutch shepherd

Re: Neo!

Post by neosmomNdad »

More neo pics
DS ?
Attachments
IMG_20131114_190852.jpg
IMG_20131114_190852.jpg (89.59 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
IMG_20131118_143630.jpg
IMG_20131118_143630.jpg (201.69 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
Post Reply