Hey Everyone,
Figured I would introduce myself on here. I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego.
Hello from San Diego!
-
gmbobby
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego California.
- Nordis
- Puppy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone!
I enjoy my online anonymity. I'm open about most everything though many parts of my private life I prefer to keep private. If I’ve not offered particular areas of information it’s usually because I don’t feel it’s relevant to the situation. I tend to quietly monitor and observe, offering input when I feel I have something important to share and if I feel strongly about something. I don’t hesitate to ask questions if I don’t understand something, regardless of how it may appear to others that I might be a simpleton. Once I get started talking though, I tend to talk a lot, so you've been warned about that!
Please do not take this as anything more than what it is, a desire for privacy. I am not intending to offend or be rude.
Much Peace to all of you, naked and furry. - Location: Currently stationed on planet Earth, Sol system.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Welcome to the forum Bobby.
Know that I envy you living in "Sunny San Diego."
As you enjoy yourself there, please don't choke on your perfect part of the world. Knowing how you proud San Diegans like to brag, I just want to share with you that the weather isn't so bad here. We'll be starting today with a high of 60° and then we'll be having a lovely drop in temperature this afternoon to around 35°! Tonight we're expecting a high of 20°, and this will be the start of a lovely week of ice pellets, snow, below freezing temperatures and "wintry" conditions!
So who's perfect now!?!

Know that I envy you living in "Sunny San Diego."
As you enjoy yourself there, please don't choke on your perfect part of the world. Knowing how you proud San Diegans like to brag, I just want to share with you that the weather isn't so bad here. We'll be starting today with a high of 60° and then we'll be having a lovely drop in temperature this afternoon to around 35°! Tonight we're expecting a high of 20°, and this will be the start of a lovely week of ice pellets, snow, below freezing temperatures and "wintry" conditions!
So who's perfect now!?!
Nordis & Rorhin!
Honoring my brothers in fur, passed and present.
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” ~ Gilda Radner
Honoring my brothers in fur, passed and present.
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.” ~ Gilda Radner
-
gmbobby
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego California.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Haha Thanks for the welcome. And I am not from San Diego originally. And while the weather isn't too bad, the "California Lifestyle" is god awful. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I imagine that is where I'll end up going back to some day. And I envy you the snow. I am definitely a cold weather person! But anyways, thanks for the welcome!
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Welcome to the forum! My best friend just got stationed at the Naval Base in San Diego. He's from Indiana and said the same things regarding the California Lifestyle and missing the snow.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
-
gmbobby
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego California.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I miss the seasons and cold weather. But there's much worse places to be so I can't complain too much lol
- Asha
- Green Dog
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Hey, nice to see a fellow yinzer on the forum! We thank you for your service. How 'bout some dog pics!! 
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
-
gmbobby
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego California.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Haha hey Emily. Yeah I don't meet many other people from pitt out here on the west coast. Lots of pitt sports fans out here though lol. And I'll post up some pics as soon as I have my puppy.
-
gmbobby
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am
- Tell us about yourself: I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego California.
Re: Hello from San Diego!
So here's a question. Anyone know how to delete your account on here? While there are a few people on here that are helpful and enjoyable to talk to, there are quite a few who are kind of assholes to be blunt about it. Simply because they know more about a dog than you. If not, it's not that big of a deal. I imagine after a while old accounts get removed. Overall, most of the people on here were very helpful. But I'm not going to ask a question and have some know it all dickhead talking to me like I'm a moron simply because I'm new to the breed. If someone asked me about the Army, I wouldn't treat them like an idiot because they didn't join or know about it. I'd help educate them. Which apparently isn't the intention of some people on here when it comes to a dog breed. So for those of you who helped, thank you very much. For those of you who are pricks, get off your high horse and stop being an asshole. You're not that special.
- racingiron1
- Green Dog
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:35 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.
- Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA
Re: Hello from San Diego!
Good lord, where did that come from?!?
You've been on this forum a grand total of two days and you're ready to leave in a huff? I went back through your posts (all 19 of them) and the replies, and I can't find a single instance of anyone being rude or condescending. I certainly can't find "quite a few" who fit the crude description you give. In fact, several of those offering honest advice gave disclaimers and apologies in advance to make it clear they were commenting in the spirit of helpfulness, even though the message might sound a little direct. Your reactions in those threads didn't indicate that you took any offense; quite the contrary.
No one treated you like a moron or idiot. Maybe you're talking about private messages you received? Perhaps you have misread the content of some messages and are drawing unjust conclusions about the authors? I'm reaching here, because this last post seems completely out of place. To be honest, without any further explanation, I would be forced to conclude that many of the words you used in that single post apply only to yourself. That would be unfortunate, because your other 18 posts stand in stark contradiction.
You've been on this forum a grand total of two days and you're ready to leave in a huff? I went back through your posts (all 19 of them) and the replies, and I can't find a single instance of anyone being rude or condescending. I certainly can't find "quite a few" who fit the crude description you give. In fact, several of those offering honest advice gave disclaimers and apologies in advance to make it clear they were commenting in the spirit of helpfulness, even though the message might sound a little direct. Your reactions in those threads didn't indicate that you took any offense; quite the contrary.
No one treated you like a moron or idiot. Maybe you're talking about private messages you received? Perhaps you have misread the content of some messages and are drawing unjust conclusions about the authors? I'm reaching here, because this last post seems completely out of place. To be honest, without any further explanation, I would be forced to conclude that many of the words you used in that single post apply only to yourself. That would be unfortunate, because your other 18 posts stand in stark contradiction.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde


Facebook page.