Page 1 of 1

Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:38 am
by gmbobby
Hey Everyone,

Figured I would introduce myself on here. I'm Bobby. I'm a disabled veteran living in San Diego.

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:01 pm
by Nordis
Welcome to the forum Bobby.

Know that I envy you living in "Sunny San Diego." :stick:

As you enjoy yourself there, please don't choke on your perfect part of the world. Knowing how you proud San Diegans like to brag, I just want to share with you that the weather isn't so bad here. We'll be starting today with a high of 60° and then we'll be having a lovely drop in temperature this afternoon to around 35°! Tonight we're expecting a high of 20°, and this will be the start of a lovely week of ice pellets, snow, below freezing temperatures and "wintry" conditions!

So who's perfect now!?! :violin: :depress:

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 pm
by gmbobby
Haha Thanks for the welcome. And I am not from San Diego originally. And while the weather isn't too bad, the "California Lifestyle" is god awful. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I imagine that is where I'll end up going back to some day. And I envy you the snow. I am definitely a cold weather person! But anyways, thanks for the welcome!

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:45 pm
by LyonsFamily
Welcome to the forum! My best friend just got stationed at the Naval Base in San Diego. He's from Indiana and said the same things regarding the California Lifestyle and missing the snow.

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:07 am
by gmbobby
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I miss the seasons and cold weather. But there's much worse places to be so I can't complain too much lol

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:11 pm
by Asha
Hey, nice to see a fellow yinzer on the forum! We thank you for your service. How 'bout some dog pics!! :D

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm
by gmbobby
Haha hey Emily. Yeah I don't meet many other people from pitt out here on the west coast. Lots of pitt sports fans out here though lol. And I'll post up some pics as soon as I have my puppy.

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:11 am
by gmbobby
So here's a question. Anyone know how to delete your account on here? While there are a few people on here that are helpful and enjoyable to talk to, there are quite a few who are kind of assholes to be blunt about it. Simply because they know more about a dog than you. If not, it's not that big of a deal. I imagine after a while old accounts get removed. Overall, most of the people on here were very helpful. But I'm not going to ask a question and have some know it all dickhead talking to me like I'm a moron simply because I'm new to the breed. If someone asked me about the Army, I wouldn't treat them like an idiot because they didn't join or know about it. I'd help educate them. Which apparently isn't the intention of some people on here when it comes to a dog breed. So for those of you who helped, thank you very much. For those of you who are pricks, get off your high horse and stop being an asshole. You're not that special.

Re: Hello from San Diego!

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 pm
by racingiron1
Good lord, where did that come from?!?
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
You've been on this forum a grand total of two days and you're ready to leave in a huff? I went back through your posts (all 19 of them) and the replies, and I can't find a single instance of anyone being rude or condescending. I certainly can't find "quite a few" who fit the crude description you give. In fact, several of those offering honest advice gave disclaimers and apologies in advance to make it clear they were commenting in the spirit of helpfulness, even though the message might sound a little direct. Your reactions in those threads didn't indicate that you took any offense; quite the contrary.

No one treated you like a moron or idiot. Maybe you're talking about private messages you received? Perhaps you have misread the content of some messages and are drawing unjust conclusions about the authors? I'm reaching here, because this last post seems completely out of place. To be honest, without any further explanation, I would be forced to conclude that many of the words you used in that single post apply only to yourself. That would be unfortunate, because your other 18 posts stand in stark contradiction.