Made me proud

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
KellaA+dog6
Puppy
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a married empty nester, who was lucky enough to stay home with kids, dogs, and cats when not traveling with husband.
Location: S. San Francisco Bay Area

Made me proud

Post by KellaA+dog6 »

A few nights ago, our new neighbor's small dog got out. This is an area with coyotes, bobcats, and other predators. She (neighbor) is unfamiliar with the area, as well as the wildlife. I heard her calling the dog, and grabbed Kella by the collar and went out front to see what was wrong.
We walked down to the park entrance nearby, with no sign of her dog. Then on the way back toward the houses, I asked Kella to show me where the little dog is. She looked up at me, then pulled towards the other side of the street, stopped and stared at a spot down the hill. I pointed my light at the spot, and yep, there was the small dog. Other than searching for hidden treats, Kella has not been trained to find things . Definitely a proud dog-mom moment. :DSlove:
Kella's Person Mara
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: Made me proud

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:balloons: :balloons: :w00t:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Revhendo
Green Dog
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Re: Made me proud

Post by Revhendo »

That's outstanding. Extra treats for sure.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
Post Reply