TWO MORE WEEKS!!
-
shana
- Puppy
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.
TWO MORE WEEKS!!
So I have two more weeks till i pick up my puppy can't wait to bring him home!! Out doing some shopping for soft toys and was wondering what everyone found was best for teething or just in general. I know that most won't survive long so i do have some tough toys, a Kong, and a few antler chews. I'm mostly focusing on things to help with the teething stage to hopefully keep my arms and legs out of his mouth as much as possible. Oh and yes I will post TONS of pics when I get him just like any proud momma 
-
Masry10
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 22 year old student with a brand new dutch shepherd puppy named Cairo
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Re: TWO MORE WEEKS!!
Oh my god, I know exactly how you're feeling, I had to wait a full month after putting a deposit down for my pup to hit 7 and a half weeks! Going puppy shopping before i get him to feed the craving for a dog. Researching dog food, researching obedience tricks. I could not wait. Those were the longest 4 weeks ever! The day will come though, Im so excited for you. Get ready for a lot of nipping, ripped small holes in pants, scratched hands, and the possibly the cutest bundle of joy you can ask for. Also, it takes them in my opinion a couple weeks before they get fully comfortable with you and show you full affection that you see other dogs do to their owners. Do not think he doesn't love you. My brother thought that Cairo didn't love him because he didn't run up to him when he would enter the area or house, and lick him, he sometimes would just look at me when I would enter the room then put his head back down, lol it was really dry, but now he's all kisses when we come inside:) I must add that you shouldn't lose hope in the first few weeks if he doesn't listen well, it comes with time, and these pups are also freaking vacuums so always keep an eye on him. First day my dog almost ate an ibroprufen pill as i was hanging up my jacket after a walk, it takes a second. Luckily i got it right before he swallowed it.
Im no professional nor am I super experienced. I just got my puppy 4 weeks ago, just relaying some fresh help over to you from one newbie to another! goodluck:)
Im no professional nor am I super experienced. I just got my puppy 4 weeks ago, just relaying some fresh help over to you from one newbie to another! goodluck:)

Abrahim Elmisry & Cairo
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Mississauga, ON, Canada


Facebook page.