I live in Canberra. rescued my Jack at age 12 months from a pound 3 hours before the needle. He's now 2 and a bit and a star. Such an intelligent and friendly boy. Very athletic and won us the novice of the year prize at the dog-sledding national competition last year.
Hello From Australia
-
Jacks Mum
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted Jack from the pound 3 hrs before the needle. Had his breed confirmed by a breeder in Australia. Very intelligent and does well at obedience classes and dog-sledding with a big scooter in winter. Loves chasing balls. I bought him a little kelpie as a sister and now I have the challenge of 2 highly intelligent and active dogs.
- centrop67
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3589
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
- Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA
Re: Hello From Australia
Welcome.
Thanks for recusing.
Thanks for recusing.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
![]() |
RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers |
-
johninny
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1326
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
- Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
- Location: NH/hamptons/nyc
Re: Hello From Australia
hi. welcome and, yes, thanks for rescuing him. i love his one floppy ear.
i do not remember seeing another member from Down Under. you might be the only one.
i use to visit frequently, but have not been for many years. was never that familiar with Canberra, as my few visits were all just a couple days. but really loved the country and occasionally toyed with moving there. been thinking about Australia a lot recently and sort of wish i had been more bold 20 years ago.
i do not remember seeing another member from Down Under. you might be the only one.
i use to visit frequently, but have not been for many years. was never that familiar with Canberra, as my few visits were all just a couple days. but really loved the country and occasionally toyed with moving there. been thinking about Australia a lot recently and sort of wish i had been more bold 20 years ago.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
-
Jacks Mum
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted Jack from the pound 3 hrs before the needle. Had his breed confirmed by a breeder in Australia. Very intelligent and does well at obedience classes and dog-sledding with a big scooter in winter. Loves chasing balls. I bought him a little kelpie as a sister and now I have the challenge of 2 highly intelligent and active dogs.
Re: Hello From Australia
Only 2 breeders in Australia that I could find. One near the pound where I found him and the other in another State. Nobody seems to know of the breed here except the owner of a malinois we met.


Facebook page.