Sorry for this kind of post...it's a curiosity thing...but I know some members are great identifying possible breeds in a mix. Only picture I have is this one so far. Shelter said GSD-mix, but I'm not seeing it, at least from this photo or at his age. He reminds me of something, just can't think what.
He was from a big (80+) puppy abandonment in Tennessee. Maybe someone has heard about that???
What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- HeatherH
- Green Dog
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
?? It loks like a GSD mix rottie or? We get a lot of dogs in Canada from that region of the US. In Hamilton last year at the shelter there was a adopt-a-thon blitz. They went quicly.
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
Id say there is GSD in there but my neck is starting to hurt so I dont know what else there could be.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
nvd
- Puppy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Name is Nick, I am Canadian and my background is Dutch.
I love dogs and animals in general. I have always wanted a DS.
So now im in the process to educate my self on them before I
take the plunge! - Now I have one! not like any other dog thats
forsure! - Location: Waterford, Ontario
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
If i had to guess id say GSD and maybe a little husky in there.. or kinda looks like my friends dog which is a GDS - collie mix.
Nick V.
Dutch Shepherd - Tyson - Born June 12, 2014
Dutch Shepherd - Tyson - Born June 12, 2014
-
Raven
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
Rottie...yeah...that came to me, too, eventually. And now that it's mentioned, I "can see" husky. He's roughly 12 weeks. It'll be interesting to see how he grows. I've heard he's quick learner and LOVES kids.
)
This apparently is an adopt blitz, too. A friend of mine in Ohio who wouldn't keep a stray kitten last year because she already had a dog and enough cats took in this little guy two days ago. (And she's a cat person. The story snagged her heart. Sap.HeatherH wrote: In Hamilton last year at the shelter there was a adopt-a-thon blitz. They went quicly.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
-
Mobil
- Training Dog
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This Dog?
Edit: dammit wrong thread.


Facebook page.