this is weird. tell me what you think.

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by Mobil »

I was searching back through the Flint shelter's page of dog photos, and I found this, from the end of April.
I think the two in front are my puppies, they look about 4 weeks old or so, which would match up with how old we think they are now. they were adopted within a couple of days.

there was a third puppy. I think I found a pic of him; he was transferred to the Midland County Humane Society at the beginning of June, which is when we found Mobil. He was adopted at the Mid Michigan Pet Expo.

I wonder if someone adopted both Mobil and turbo together and dumped them when they got too crazy, which would explain why they were on the same road in the same place on the freeway.

Whaddaya think?

Image

Image

this is the third pup that was transferred; he looks just like Mobil when he's upside down.
Image
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by Mobil »

Forgot comparison pics. Derp.

Image

Image
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
User avatar
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

BIZARRE! It does really look like them… but hard to say as the pics of their chests aren't super clear. I wouldn't be surprised if it was though.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by LyonsFamily »

It could be a strong possibility that two of those are yours. Do they chip or have any form of ID on the dogs? If they did adopt out your two in the beginning, wouldn't they have the owner of record when Turbo was picked up?

I'm very leery of the 4 weeks old estimate though. If they truly were only 4 weeks old, they should not have legally been adopted out. I know the Genesee County shelter has a ton of issues, but I can't imagine they'd place pups that young.

I see a 4th pup in that 2nd pic when I pull it up on the facebook photo. I wonder where that one got off to?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by Mobil »

LyonsFamily wrote:It could be a strong possibility that two of those are yours. Do they chip or have any form of ID on the dogs? If they did adopt out your two in the beginning, wouldn't they have the owner of record when Turbo was picked up?
No microchip or tattoo or other ID marks on them.
I'm very leery of the 4 weeks old estimate though. If they truly were only 4 weeks old, they should not have legally been adopted out. I know the Genesee County shelter has a ton of issues, but I can't imagine they'd place pups that young.
But looking at DS pups at 4 weeks vs five or six weeks is a huge difference, don't you think? they have the fat baby bodies and tiny ears.

Also, GCAC is horrible at guessing dog ages. turbo's paperwork lists her as being 8 months old. the people who adopted her were told by the shelter that she would be a medium sized dog judging by her "current" size at 8 months.
I see a 4th pup in that 2nd pic when I pull it up on the facebook photo. I wonder where that one got off to?
Oh, wow, you're right! I didn't even see that until you pointed it out.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
Mobil
Training Dog
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Post by Mobil »

I ran a search tempest search of craigslist ads for Dutch Shepherd, and there was a listing in several cities for a DSD six days ago. they all come up as either flagged for removal or deleted by the author.

http://www.searchtempest.com/search?loc ... subcat=ccc

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and missed the ad by a few days, as well, same results.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Image
Post Reply