Page 1 of 1

this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 pm
by Mobil
I was searching back through the Flint shelter's page of dog photos, and I found this, from the end of April.
I think the two in front are my puppies, they look about 4 weeks old or so, which would match up with how old we think they are now. they were adopted within a couple of days.

there was a third puppy. I think I found a pic of him; he was transferred to the Midland County Humane Society at the beginning of June, which is when we found Mobil. He was adopted at the Mid Michigan Pet Expo.

I wonder if someone adopted both Mobil and turbo together and dumped them when they got too crazy, which would explain why they were on the same road in the same place on the freeway.

Whaddaya think?

Image

Image

this is the third pup that was transferred; he looks just like Mobil when he's upside down.
Image

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 pm
by Mobil
Forgot comparison pics. Derp.

Image

Image

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 pm
by Owned-By-Hendrix
BIZARRE! It does really look like them… but hard to say as the pics of their chests aren't super clear. I wouldn't be surprised if it was though.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 am
by LyonsFamily
It could be a strong possibility that two of those are yours. Do they chip or have any form of ID on the dogs? If they did adopt out your two in the beginning, wouldn't they have the owner of record when Turbo was picked up?

I'm very leery of the 4 weeks old estimate though. If they truly were only 4 weeks old, they should not have legally been adopted out. I know the Genesee County shelter has a ton of issues, but I can't imagine they'd place pups that young.

I see a 4th pup in that 2nd pic when I pull it up on the facebook photo. I wonder where that one got off to?

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 pm
by Mobil
LyonsFamily wrote:It could be a strong possibility that two of those are yours. Do they chip or have any form of ID on the dogs? If they did adopt out your two in the beginning, wouldn't they have the owner of record when Turbo was picked up?
No microchip or tattoo or other ID marks on them.
I'm very leery of the 4 weeks old estimate though. If they truly were only 4 weeks old, they should not have legally been adopted out. I know the Genesee County shelter has a ton of issues, but I can't imagine they'd place pups that young.
But looking at DS pups at 4 weeks vs five or six weeks is a huge difference, don't you think? they have the fat baby bodies and tiny ears.

Also, GCAC is horrible at guessing dog ages. turbo's paperwork lists her as being 8 months old. the people who adopted her were told by the shelter that she would be a medium sized dog judging by her "current" size at 8 months.
I see a 4th pup in that 2nd pic when I pull it up on the facebook photo. I wonder where that one got off to?
Oh, wow, you're right! I didn't even see that until you pointed it out.

Re: this is weird. tell me what you think.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:18 pm
by Mobil
I ran a search tempest search of craigslist ads for Dutch Shepherd, and there was a listing in several cities for a DSD six days ago. they all come up as either flagged for removal or deleted by the author.

http://www.searchtempest.com/search?loc ... subcat=ccc

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and missed the ad by a few days, as well, same results.