A Day in the Life of a Dutch

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
JennieLeigh
Puppy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am 31, from Alberta, Canada, and I just adopted an 8-10 month old male Dutch shepherd from my local SPCA. I'm really looking forward to getting to know him and learning how to work with him to bring out the very best of his potential.

A Day in the Life of a Dutch

Post by JennieLeigh »

Hi guys, I thought it would be fun if everyone told their story of what a day in the life of your DS is like. The good, the bad, the fun, the funny, the sweet, the exciting, the boring, etc. Anecdotes, funny routines, quirks that your dutch has trained you into, etc. :DScool:
shana
Puppy
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm
Tell us about yourself: Hey all im a dutch addict :) lol we now have three in my family my dad has two that work up at a farm with him been stealing them for months and working with a protection sports group in my area LOVE LOVE LOVE this breed yes even in the temper tantrum melt down demonic running around like a cracked out two year old moments lol just got my own seven week puppy can't wait to see him grow.

Re: A Day in the Life of a Dutch

Post by shana »

Every morning when my alarm goes off my pup crawls to the head of my bed and gives me a kiss to wake up if that doesn't work he smacks me in the face with his paws I say a few choice words at which point he gets all excited that im up and starts power snuggling with me lol then when I get out of bed he takes my spot and watches patiently as I get ready for the day we go through this daily lol
User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA

Re: A Day in the Life of a Dutch

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:pint: :pint: wow, where to begin.....................
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
User avatar
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: A Day in the Life of a Dutch

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

I begin the day with alcohol in the coffee and end it with wine. In between is usually filled with randomness, my guy showing me exactly how too smart he is, trouble, debating how much is too much alcohol, contemplating why he's doing a command upside down, at some point yelling "get out of the toilet!", and usually some display that he thinks he's a fish. Wouldn't change it for the world though. Keeps me laughing. :pint: :pint: :pint: :D :D
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Post Reply