Why I love my little Dutch buddy

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Post Reply
User avatar
HeatherH
Green Dog
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

Why I love my little Dutch buddy

Post by HeatherH »

I've been busy a bit. I'm a new G-ma. 1st time parents are so funny and paranoid. Go figure

Have patients this topic will come full circle
Dutch on the other hand has learned a few things lately.
1. I need to put a sign on the fence that surrounds the property “do not through flyers over the fence” I could not find my flyers. Turns out Dutch has learned that I hate a mess. So as to not tick off mommy he's learned to shred the flyers under the deck. Ergo no mess.
2. Hide stuff under the bed and when mommy is looking look like I'm a sleep. I found a nail brush and my puma’s stone from the bathroom
3. I come in from the garage there he is front paws on the counter licking the toaster (He opened it). He turned around and slinked in the bedroom.
4. Dutch likes squirrel and raccoon jerky. We were out in the redhill for a run. There was a raccoon out around 6ish in the evening. Dutch ran up to it. I thought to myself here we go. He sniffed it and kept going. What gives? Any other time he would have ripped it to pieces.

It's been really cold and we got our first round of snow. We've been keeping him inside. So I thought what would I come home to? Absolutely nothing. Nothing chewed anything under the bed. Pearl in one piece. Nothing?

Now for my granddaughter. My daughter brought her over. She was absolutely paranoid about Dutch. Not that I would ever leave them alone together. I laid the Gd on the couch Dutch came over and sniffed her and walked away and lied down. Nothing all day. Even when my daughter changed the baby.

Such a good boy.

Heather
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Why I love my little Dutch buddy

Post by Raven »

REALLY good boy with that baby. :shock:

Did the baby fuss or make noise at some point?

Has Dutch been around babies or other kids?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
User avatar
HeatherH
Green Dog
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

Re: Why I love my little Dutch buddy

Post by HeatherH »

No I haven't had him around babies. When we are about he seems to ignore them. My experience with dogs and kid is that the problem can start as the kid grows up because it changes the dynamics.
It's too soon to tell, as I said before when it comes to kids and dogs. The dog is my shadow. I don't leave the too alone.
No dog is good if something goes wrong. It’s better to head off things then apologies.
Sometimes you have to protect them from themselves.
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
ICE
Training Dog
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Why I love my little Dutch buddy

Post by ICE »

aww, very cute. My 3 year old GD was living with me for awhile and she doesn't like when Ice barks - and Ice barks ALL THE TIME!! Funny story about a month or so ago I was working IPO with my decoy in my front yard and she was out watching. Her parents left to go somewhere and she stayed to watch me work Ice. When her mom got back she asked if she watched grandma working Ice - GD says yes. Then mom asks if she liked it. The GD says so matter a factly . NO. :lol: That just cracked me up....
Patty and Ice
Post Reply