Safety Issues
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Safety Issues
Since I have been back on the forum lately I keep getting this screen. I know there had been some issues with the site recently. I didn't know if anyone else had been getting this message or if it was just me and if there was anything to be concerned about.
Karen & Xander
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Safety Issues
I forgot to mention that it only happens on my phone. If I log in from a computer there is no problem.
Karen & Xander
- Owned-By-Hendrix
- Training Dog
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 am
- Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.
Re: Safety Issues
I haven't seen that before...
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
- centrop67
- Site Admin

- Posts: 3589
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.
- Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA
Re: Safety Issues
From a technical standpoint this could be an expired certificate on the site. You would only see this, however, if you preceded the website URL with https instead of just plain http.
A certificate is an electronic record that is generally purchased to associate a website domain with a real person or corporate entity. When you precede a URL with https, you are telling the website I want a secure connection, and part of the security is resolving the certificate to a real entity.
Your mobile phone's browser settings could be attempting the secure (https) route due to some setting in the browser app itself. You wouldn't see it in the url box, because it is generally hidden from view after entry.
There's a slim chance that you have a virus, and I suggest NEVER clicking the links of a message like that.
You may try manually typing http:// in front of the URL.
I hope I was able to explain this sufficiently.
A certificate is an electronic record that is generally purchased to associate a website domain with a real person or corporate entity. When you precede a URL with https, you are telling the website I want a secure connection, and part of the security is resolving the certificate to a real entity.
Your mobile phone's browser settings could be attempting the secure (https) route due to some setting in the browser app itself. You wouldn't see it in the url box, because it is generally hidden from view after entry.
There's a slim chance that you have a virus, and I suggest NEVER clicking the links of a message like that.
You may try manually typing http:// in front of the URL.
I hope I was able to explain this sufficiently.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
![]() |
RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers |
- karenz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
Re: Safety Issues
Thanks centrop67. I will try the http:// if that doesn't work I will just stick with my computer
Karen & Xander
- cordeliandemon
- Training Dog
- Posts: 284
- Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 am
- Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute
- Location: Ireland
Re: Safety Issues
I've been getting an odd message when I access the site via mobile aswell
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P


Facebook page.